Master of Finance Tuition & Financing | Weatherhead School at Case Western Reserve University

Master of Finance Tuition and Financing

Health insurance fee   
$2,734 per year*
Books and supplies   
$1,728 per year*
Housing and living expenses   
$19,734 (August-May)*

* The tuition and fees listed are effective for the 2022-2023 academic year. Per credit hour or per semester calculations are available from Student Financial Services.

* Total Program Tuition is $53,280 for the 30-credit hour program. Students can add 9 credit hours to obtain departmental certification in Corporate Financial Analytics, Risk Management Analytics, Financial Big Data Analytics or Corporate Finance and will be billed at a reduced per credit hour tuition rate. This rate is subject to change year over year and will be offered at a reduced rate after 30 credit hours are completed.

* The Master's in Finance tuition and fees are subject to review and/or change, with approval by the University Provost's Office and Case Western Reserve University Board of Trustees.


Applicants to the Master of Finance program should indicate whether they wish to be considered for a merit based scholarship in the “Financial Aid and Funding” section of the online application. Consideration for a scholarships does not require a separate application and does not affect the admission decision. All scholarship decisions are made at the time of admittance and applicants receiving one are informed in their decision letters.

Scholarships are offered based on a combination of academic and professional achievement. We consider transcripts, work experience, and GMAT or GRE scores when disbursing scholarships. Additionally, we interview candidates to gain insight into their potential to contribute in the classroom.

Financing your degree

Financial aid

Financial aid is available through Case Western Reserve University’s Office of Financial Aid. This is a separate procedure from the admissions application process and is administered solely by the Office of Financial Aid. Funding is available for U.S. citizens or international applicants whose cosigner is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Veterans Education Benefits

Weatherhead is proud to provide service to veterans and their dependents who are eligible for Veterans Education Benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill®, Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. Case Western Reserve University also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program for those who are 100% eligible for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

For more information about how to take advantage of these benefits and our school's requirements, visit the University Registrar's Prospective Veterans Students page and consult the Frequently Asked Questions about Veterans Education Benefits.


A master’s degree is an investment, and one option to fund your education is a student loan. Weatherhead does not endorse any specific lender or receive compensatory benefit from any lender. We recommend careful consideration and comparison of all lending options and terms before entering into a loan agreement.

Loans are given to students who have demonstrated financial need and repaid in accordance with the specific terms of the loan. Student loans may be private or government-sponsored, subsidized (need-based) or unsubsidized (non-need-based). Interest may not start to accrue until after graduation or it may begin immediately.

The university’s Office of Financial Aid provides detailed information on the types of loans that are available and how to apply for them.

International Funding Opportunities

COLFUTURO (Columbia Students Only)

COLFUTURO is a private foundation that supports the most talented Colombian students to access postgraduate education in the world's best universities. Thanks to the Loan-Scholarship Program, students can request a loan of up to USD50,000 for two years, to finance their postgraduate studies. The recipients of the Loan-Scholarship can obtain a loan waiver from 20% and up to 80% if they obtain their degree, return to Colombia, and remain in the country for 3 years. Visit or contact for more information.