The Master of Accountancy program is no longer accepting applications for summer and fall 2019 terms.
Weatherhead Philosophy of Recruitment
The Weatherhead School of Management Master of Accountancy admissions team is committed to recruiting a community of students with diverse perspectives and a range of robust educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with demonstrated student excellence, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom.
Application Process Overview
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required unofficial documents. If you are admitted and you matriculate, we will require your official documents then. Further instructions will be sent by email.
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be denied.
MAcc Application Requirements
When reviewing your profile for MAcc admission consideration, the Weatherhead admissions team requires the following (click each category for full details about the admission requirements):
To be eligible to apply for the Weatherhead MAcc program, applicants must have earned or are in process of earning an equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Please note that a bachelor’s degree in accounting is not required to apply for the program.
- It is not required that students have completed all the prerequisite courses before beginning the MAcc program, but it is recommended that students have completed financial accounting and managerial accounting (Principles I and II) before beginning the program
- Prerequisite courses may be taken at any accredited four-year educational institution, although department approval should be obtained in advance
- A grade of C or better must be earned in all prerequisite coursework
- Principles I (Financial Accounting)
- Principles II (Managerial Accounting)
- Intermediate Financial Reporting I
- Intermediate Financial Reporting II
- U.S. Taxation a
- U.S. Business Law b
- Excel Applications and Modeling
- Students who have not completed U.S. Taxation will be required to take the class at Weatherhead in an intensive summer session preceding the program.
- Students may take the graduate level U.S. Business Law course (BLAW 417) and double count it as an elective for the MAcc.
The online application does not need to be completed in one sitting. However, please note that text information cannot be changed once the application is submitted. It is strongly recommended that students submit their applications several weeks before the application deadline.
Essay 1 (required response): Choosing to pursue a Master degree can be a milestone in one’s life. So why do you choose to continue your education at this point of your life? What are the differences you want to see on yourself after you graduate from the MAcc program at Case Western Reserve University? And how can those differences help you achieve your future goals?
Essay 2 (choose from the following four topics and indicate in your response which topic you are addressing):
- What do you value the most in your life? And why?
- Who is the most influential person to you? And why?
- What is the most unforgettable experience in your life? And how has it contributed to who you are today?
- How do you define your personality and how does it influence your personal and professional development?
All applicants are required to answer two essay questions before the application can be submitted. Each essay has a limit of 500 words.
A current resume is required before your application can be submitted. The resume should include all work experience including part-time work as well as internship and co-op employment. We understand that you may have new experiences that you may want to add to your resume after your application is submitted; however, your resume cannot be updated after you click “Submit.”
The Weatherhead MAcc program does not require official transcripts for application review purposes; only unofficial transcripts are required for completion of an application. Applicants should upload transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended in the “Transcripts” section of the online application. Official transcripts are only required if an offer of admission is extended and the applicant chooses to enroll in the MAcc program.
All applicants are required to provide the name, relationship and contact information for two recommenders in order to submit an application.
The Weatherhead MAcc program accepts either GMAT or GRE exam results. Only the unofficial score report is required for the completion of an application. Official score reports are only required if an offer of admission is extended and the applicant chooses to enroll in the MAcc program.
The Weatherhead MAcc program does not have a required minimum score of GMAT or GRE, but we recommend a minimum of 50% on the verbal section.
GMAT Code: WTJ-F1-90
GRE Code: 1105
Applicants are prompted to pay a non-refundable $100 fee when they submit their application. Credit card payments are preferred, but checks are accepted. If an applicant chooses to mail a check, he or she must mail payment to the address below:
Case Western Reserve University
Weatherhead School of Management
Department of Accountancy
ATTN: Ashley Lu
11119 Bellflower Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44106-7235
Please note: Credit card payments are automatically added to an application. If an applicant chooses to pay by check, his or her application remains incomplete until the admissions office has received the check. Offers of admission cannot be extended for incomplete applications. We reserve the right to deny admission if an application remains incomplete by the final round deadline.
Additional Application Requirements for International Applicants
Applicants who earned or are in the process of earning post-secondary degrees from universities outside of the United States are required to have a course-by-course evaluation of all of their post-secondary transcripts by WES. Applicants can waive the evaluation if they meet one of the following conditions:
- The unofficial transcripts state the cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or total average score on any numeric scale. This must also include the grading scale used to calculate it.
- Applicant can submit an official GPA Certificate issued by their university stating the cumulative GPA or total average score on any numeric scale (examples: 88/100, 3.5/4.0, 3.8/5, 7/10) with the grading scale used to calculate the GPA.
If applicants cannot meet one of the above conditions, a WES course-by-course evaluation report is required to complete their MAcc application.
When ordering your transcript evaluation, you do not have to pay to express mail the report to us. Simply request that a copy be sent electronically to the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University by selecting our school in their drop down box. We will also accept unofficial or student copies that are uploaded to the application.
For more information, contact:
World Education Services, Inc.
PO Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087 USA
The Weatherhead Admissions team reserves the right to require additional verification of transcripts, grading scales or official certificates that are uploaded to your application. If documents are not authentic or inaccurate, we will deny admission.
MAcc program accepts either TOEFL or IELTS. Only applicants who finish an entire bachelor’s degree (transfer-in credits of 30 or less) or higher in an English speaking country can waive the English Language Proficiency exam. Applicants can upload their scores to the “Test Documentation” section of the online application before or after submitting their application.
In order to receive a decision by one of the Notification Dates listed, you must submit and complete your application by one of the corresponding Application Deadlines. The Admissions Committee will not issue an offer of admission if an application package remains incomplete.
Applicants interested in scholarship consideration (merit based) are encouraged to apply early for optimal scholarship availability. (This does not apply to the Part-Time MBA or Master's in Healthcare Management programs.)
Applications are still being accepted (domestics only) for Fall 2019.
An offer of admission cannot be issued if an application package remains incomplete. If an application remains incomplete by the final Round deadline, Weatherhead reserves the right to withdraw or deny the application.
Deadline: September 1, 2019
Notification Date: October 15, 2019
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Notification Date: November 15, 2019
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Notification Date: December 15, 2019
Deadline: January 15, 2020
Notification Date: February 15, 2020
Deadline: March 1, 2020
Notification Date: April 1, 2020
Deadline: April 15, 2020
Notification Date: May 15, 2020
For the application deadlines for Integrated Students, please visit the Integrated BS/MAcc page.
MAcc Program Start Dates
All students are required to attend orientation prior to the start of the program. The detail orientation schedule will be communicated via email.
Spring 2020 classes begin January 13, 2020.
Summer 2020 prerequisite session begins July 7, 2020.
Fall 2020 classes begin August 24, 2020.
Are you ready to start your MAcc program now? Apply online today.