The Analytics track of the MAcc program qualifies as a STEM degree, which allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 24-month extension to their optional practical training (OPT) period. This means you may be eligible for up to three years of work in the United States. Visit the U.S. government's website for more information on STEM extensions.
*The GMAT or GRE is not required for admission or for scholarship consideration. However, submitting a GMAT or GRE may increase the amount of scholarship awarded. Learn more.
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is designed for individuals who seek to obtain an advanced accounting degree—the standard for professional accountants—which fulfills the 150 credit hours of college education required to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exams.
Weatherhead’s Master of Accountancy program, fully accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), provides students with the technical expertise for long-term career success. Each year, highly qualified, diverse students enter the MAcc degree program to study with our world-renowned faculty members in the accountancy department. As a student in the MAcc program, you will be exposed to the most advanced accounting curriculum, auditing, taxation, technology and information systems to prepare for your career as an accounting professional. For students who meet the required prerequisites, one year (30 credit hours) is all it takes to complete the MAcc degree requirements.
World-Renowned Faculty in Accounting
Building on 35 years of experience, our faculty members are recognized around the globe for their contributions to the field. Faculty in the department include:
- Karen Braun, recipient of the 2017 Beta Alpha Psi Business Information Professional of the Year in the category of Education and the 2017 Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Thomas King, recipient of the 2017 Weatherhead Graduate Teaching award and Scholar-Practitioner Award for his Doctor of Management cohort
- Dennis Conrad holds several patents related to the configuration of packaged information systems and whose 30+ year career prior to teaching at Weatherhead was spent helping clients make the most of their investments in Accounting Information Systems at IBM/PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gregory Jonas, appointed a three-year term on the Institute of Certified Management Accountants Board of Regents
- Sharon Martin, Nominated as an Outstanding Faculty Member by Gamma Sigma Alpha
- Gary Previts, recipient of the Liftetime Achievement Award from the Ohio Region of American Accounting Association for his continuous service to the Ohio region
- Anthony Bucaro, colleagues awarded competitive grant from Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) and the Auditing section of the American Accounting Association (AAA)
MAcc Degree Program: The Weatherhead Difference
The MAcc offers options to prepare graduates for diverse paths in public or corporate accounting, taxation, financial analysis, management and consulting. In addition to building their mastery in the field of accountancy, our students develop critical thinking, leadership and effective communication skills, all part of a Weatherhead education.
Today, more than 500 Weatherhead MAcc alumni are employed in professional positions in 23 countries on five continents.
Find MAcc admission information, such as application requirements, deadlines, and program start dates for Weatherhead’s Master of Accountancy program.