Faculty-edited textbook translated into Chinese
The four-volume series co-edited by Gary Previts, PhD, covers the history of accounting, financial reporting and public policy for 27 countries around the world.
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is designed for individuals who seek to obtain an advanced accounting degree--the standard for professional accountants--which fulfills the 150 credit hours of college education required to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exams.
Weatherhead’s MAcc program, fully accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), provides students with the technical expertise for long-term career success. Each year, highly qualified, diverse students enter the MAcc program to study with our world-renowned faculty members in the accountancy department. As a student in the MAcc program, you will be exposed to the most up-to-date coursework in accounting, auditing, taxation, technology and information systems to prepare for your career as an accounting professional. For students who meet the required prerequisites, one year (30 credit hours) is all it takes to complete the MAcc degree requirements.
World-Renowned Faculty in Accounting
Building on 35 years of experience, our faculty members are recognized around the globe for their contributions to the field. Faculty in the department include:
- Karen Braun, the lead author of a managerial accounting textbook used at over 200 colleges and universities in the United States and Canada
- Dennis Conrad, who holds several patents related to the configuration of packaged information systems and whose 30+ year career prior to teaching at Weatherhead was spent helping clients make the most of their investments in Accounting Information Systems at IBM/PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gregory Jonas, who has over twenty years of industry experience in roles ranging from cost accountant to CEO
- Mark Taylor, recipient of the 2015 Business Information Professional of the Year Award
- Gary Previts, who was recently recognized by the American Institute of CPAs as one of 125 People of Impact in Accounting and is a member of the Accounting Hall of Fame
Master of Accountancy Testimonials
Accountancy at Weatherhead School of Management: Integrated Bachelors & Masters Degrees
Karen Braun, Associate Professor, Accountancy
Sophia Chan, MAcc Student
Tim Fogarty, Professor, Accountancy
Ashley Lu, Program Manager
Ashley Lu, Program Manager and Tiffany Welch, Assistant Dean
Acountancy at Weatherhead School of Management: An Employer's Take
Stanley J. Majkrzak, Tax Principal, HW & Co.
Rachel Stone, BS in Accounting/MAcc, '15
Sterling Taylor, MAcc
Accountancy at Weatherhead School of Management: Tiffany Welch
View more testimonials from the MAcc program
The Weatherhead Difference
The MAcc offers options to prepare graduates for diverse paths in public or corporate accounting, taxation, financial analysis, management and consulting. In addition to building their mastery in the field of accountancy, our students develop critical thinking, leadership and effective communication skills, all part of a Weatherhead education.
Today, more than 500 Weatherhead MAcc alumni are employed in professional positions in 23 countries on five continents.