We offer our MSM Finance program in China through our collaboration with the School of Economics and Management (SEM) at Tongji University. It is the first master’s degree in finance by a world-class U.S. university, offered in mainland China. Tongji University combines this offering with their MBA to form a double degree. This innovative program, taught in Shanghai and Cleveland, provides students with both the depth of knowledge in finance and the breadth of general management skills. Graduates come away with a global way of thinking and latest insights on the Asian financial market.
This part-time program may be completed in five semesters and no longer than five years. Upon graduation students will obtain both the Master of Science in Management-Finance degree from Weatherhead and the MBA degree from Tongji SEM.
Is This Program Right for Me?
As the market becomes more sophisticated and more globally-integrated than ever, it is vitally important for financial managers at all levels to have both types of skills – in-depth financial knowledge as well as general management skills. With this in mind, our progressive double degree program is designed to balance the technical dimension and managerial practice of finance in a way that is not usually achieved in general MBA programs. Students will be taught by world-renowned faculty from two highly-rated business schools in two dynamic financial centers. Students are offered the opportunity to deepen and broaden their understanding of global finance through lectures, case discussions, executive speaker sessions, company visits and an abroad residency study.
This program is right for you if you want to become a well-rounded finance professional who does not only understand the market and instruments, but is able to see future issues in order to make important finance decisions. We seek to bring students across diverse backgrounds together to cultivate different streams of thoughts. We encourage you to learn more about us and to take advantage of this career-enhancing learning experience!
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Obtain the first MSM-Finance degree offered in mainland China from a US university with an exceptional reputation.
- Acquire a MBA degree and broad managerial competencies from a top Chinese university.
- Be equipped with cutting-edge knowledge and skills in corporate finance, risk management and capital market.
- Be prepared to take professional exams of CFA, FRM and other certifications.
- Establish strong business connections with local and global financial sector players.
- Gain abundant internship opportunities and career opportunities in Shanghai's international finance and trade area.
- Become part of the dynamic and diversified Weatherhead and Tongji Alumni community.
Learn about the MSM-Finance double degree curriculum.