Earn a certificate in Business Analytics
Students pursuing the business analytics certificate will gain strong analytical and visualization skills for application in various industries, specifically in management, operations, marketing, and finance. The courses combine a rigorous education with cutting-edge analytical tools applied to real-world data. No matter your degree or career choice, it is critical to learn the fundamentals of data analysis and visualization to strategically inform decision-making.
Students have the choice to complete one, two or up to three courses per semester. All courses will be offered as a part of the standard semester schedule.
For the 15 credit hours business analytics certificate, students choose courses from the following areas.
Functional Area Foundation, 3 credits (Choose at least one course)*:
- BUAI 407A & BUAI 407B Marketing Management I and II
- BUAI 406A & BUAI 406B Operations Management I and II
Analytics l Foundation, 9 credits (All three courses)*:
- BUAI 433 Foundation of Statistics
- BUAI 444 Predictive Modeling
- BUAI 434 Data Mining & Visualization
Functional Area Elective, 3 credits (Choose one course)*:
- BUAI 411 Operations Analytics: Deterministic
- BUAI 432 Operations Analytics: Stochastic
- BUAI 435 Marketing Models & Digital Analytics
- BUAI 445 Advanced Marketing Analytics
* Any of these courses can be substituted by an equivalent course with the permission from the Faculty Director of the Business Analytics Program.
This certificate is open only to currently enrolled graduate students in the Weatherhead School of Management who have an appropriate mathematical background (two semesters of college-level calculus plus an introductory course in linear algebra) and will be allowed to double count (from their Weatherhead program) at most nine credit hours.
To apply, students should contact the following individuals based on their current graduate program:
MBA: Radhika Ramamurthi, MBA Program Director,
Master of Supply Chain Management: Kamlesh Mathur, firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Programs: Faculty Directors of Business Analytics and Intelligence Program Kamlesh Mathur, email@example.com or Rakesh Niraj, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about the courses in this certificate, contact the Faculty Directors of Business Analytics and Intelligence program, Kamlesh Mathur or Rakesh Niraj.