Weatherhead is committed to advancing all those who seek management and leadership positions in our undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive education programs. We feel it is especially important to empower women managers to represent the true diversity of the workforce population and lead the way into a stronger business world with women in leadership.
Weatherhead prepares women for leadership and management in many ways. Here are just a sampling of activities where women stand out at Weatherhead:
- Women serve as leaders in 10 of Weatherhead's 13 student organizations
- Weatherhead Women in Business Student Club
- Women make up less than 33% of students at dozens of business schools across the country, according to U.S. News and World Report data. At Weatherhead, women make up 48% of our most recent incoming class of full-time MBA students
- Eight out of 17 of Weatherhead's leadership team members are women
- Women in Leadership Round Table Symposium with community and corporate leaders
- Women in Organizations courses
- Diversity and Inclusion courses
Recent News about Women in Leadership
As women advance in their careers, they need to develop new skills, perspectives and approaches. Under the direction of Diana Bilimoria, PhD, programs in Executive Education provide exceptional support for cultivating personal strengths, building networks, and overcoming barriers. Leaders and women aspiring to leadership positions will discover here the understanding, advice, and development opportunity they need to achieve their career potential, make significant contributions to their organizations, and maximize work/life balance.
Learn more in one of the day-long executive education courses on Women in Leadership or by earning an Women in Leadership Certificate.
Women can discover and develop their leadership potential across the whole spectrum of programs at Weatherhead.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
Get inspired and empowered to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes, to lead change with more conviction and confidence, and improve our workplaces and communities for all in Diana Bilimoria’s MOOC, Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change.