Weatherhead is proud of the rich diversity of inquiry around research and teaching that is relevant to management students, practitioners and society at large.
Weatherhead’s accredited offerings on Sustainable Value and Appreciative Inquiry are among the best in the world and have first-hand access to the pioneering work and field research of the Fowler Center and its experts. Examples of programs and courses offered at Weatherhead are listed below:
Quantum Leadership: Creating Value for You, Your Organization, and the World (ORBH 430 • Spring 2018)
This course builds on the business case for sustainability to develop leadership capabilities aimed at flourishing enterprise and business as a force for good. It emphasizes emerging market expectations for businesses to have a positive impact and the growing desire for inner wellbeing through self-cultivation. Together these trends are changing who leaders are being (not only what they are doing) by increasing their awareness of how their actions impact others and the world.
Through this course, students will provide course-specific advisory services to a company that is committed to greater flourishing at the individual and organizational level. Students will also learn mindfulness practices through an action learning process that will allow them to experience a greater connection to self, others, and nature.
The most exciting aspect of this class will be encouraging students to see themselves as positive change agents, with the ability to enact positive impacts on our environment and society, in their search for a flourishing life and career.
- Understand the constructs of Flourishing Enterprise and Quantum Leadership.
- Apply mindfulness practices and techniques for greater personal and professional fulfillment.
- Begin to identify your own commitment to making a positive impact.
- Identify and support flourishing organizations that benefit the environment and society.
- Understand the ways in which organizations can leverage daily practices and a consciousness of connectedness to sustain business advantage through making a positive impact.
- Develop strategies to secure sustainable competitive advantage.
MBA Institute in Sustainable Value and Social Entrepreneurship
This innovative one-year immersion course is dedicated to sustainability in practice. Focusing on wholesystems approaches for Sustainable Value generation, the course offers in-the-field experience and classroom guidance with the world’s leading whole-systems practitioners. Classes move beyond the triple-bottom-line and traditional approaches to Corporate Social Responsibility and prepare students to be visionary leaders in any business climate. Learn more about the Weatherhead MBA program.
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) Certificate in Positive Business and Society Change
Designed by AI co-creators David Cooperrider and Ronald Fry, this Executive Education program presents a proven approach to accelerating organizational change by redirecting focus to core strengths. Through a combination of coursework and fieldwork, students earn advanced professional education in the foundations of AI and work on projects specific to their own organizations. The focused work bridges high ideals with the results-orientation of business and industry. Learn more about the AI Certificate in Positive Business and Society Change.
Additional Sustainability-Themed Programs
Weatherhead Executive Education sustainability-themed programs include:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Deep Dive™
- Managing Others
- Personal Impact and Empowerment
- Women in Leadership
- Seizing Innovation in a Greening World
- Creating Actionable Sustainability Plans
- Launching and Implementing an Impactful Sustainability Program
- Being a Sustainability Leader
- More Than Ethics: Expressing Values in Voice & Practice
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Designing Innovation & Strategy
- Sustainable Value
- Mindfulness for Enhanced Performance
See a full list of programs offered by Weatherhead Executive Education.