In partnership with True Market Solutions, the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit worked with organizations of all sizes to help them improve their financial performance by fully embracing sustainable business practices. We did this in a way that was affordable and accessible, built brand equity and revenues, reduced costs and managed risks, engaged employees and stakeholders, and built strong community through our Sustainability Circles program.
Sustainability Circle Outcomes
The Sustainability Circle brought up to ten organizations into a peer community meeting one day a month for six months, coupled with individualized coaching sessions. Together, we worked through a professionally designed curriculum to support participants in creating and launching their Sustainability Action Plans and initial sustainability projects. Our unique program focused on the following Sustainability Circle Outcomes:
- Developing a company’s Sustainability Action Plan
- Developing a Sustainability Business Case
- Developing a Sustainability Mission & Vision
- Carbon Footprint Analysis
- Organizing a company Green Team
- Developing an ongoing relationship with a peer support team
- Completing initial projects
- 100% return on investment—significant profit improvement
- New lens to see the business and operations through fresh eyes—process and behavior change
- Roger Saillant, PhD, former Executive Director of the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit, former Senior Executive at Ford, former CEO at Plug Power, author of Vapor Trails.
- Chris Laszlo, PhD, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at Weatherhead and author of Sustainable Value, The Sustainable Company, and co-author of Embedded Sustainability: The Next Big Competitive Advantage.
- David DuBois, PhD, director of research and product development at True Market Solutions and organizational psychologist.