Quantum Leadership: Creating Value for You, Your Organization, and the World
ORBH 430 • Spring 2018
This course builds on the business case for sustainability to develop leadership capabilities aimed at flourishing enterprise and business as a force for good. It emphasizes emerging market expectations for businesses to have a positive impact and the growing desire for inner wellbeing through self-cultivation. Together these trends are changing who leaders are being (not only what they are doing) by increasing their awareness of how their actions impact others and the world.
Through this course, students will provide course-specific advisory services to a company that is committed to greater flourishing at the individual and organizational level. Students will also learn mindfulness practices through an action learning process that will allow them to experience a greater connection to self, others, and nature.
The most exciting aspect of this class will be encouraging students to see themselves as positive change agents, with the ability to enact positive impacts on our environment and society, in their search for a flourishing life and career.
- Understand the constructs of Flourishing Enterprise and Quantum Leadership.
- Apply mindfulness practices and techniques for greater personal and professional fulfillment.
- Begin to identify your own commitment to making a positive impact.
- Identify and support flourishing organizations that benefit the environment and society.
- Understand the ways in which organizations can leverage daily practices and a consciousness of connectedness to sustain business advantage through making a positive impact.
- Develop strategies to secure sustainable competitive advantage.
About the Professor
Chris Laszlo, PhD, is Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Weatherhead School of Management. As one of the originators of the concept of sustainable value, he reframes sustainability as a source of business advantage. Laszlo is the author of Quantum Leadership: New Consciousness in Business (forthcoming), Flourishing Enterprise: The New Spirit of Business (2014), Embedded Sustainability: The Next Big Competitive Advantage (2011), and Sustainable Value: How the World's Leading Companies are Doing Well by Doing Good (2008), all from Stanford University Press. Professionally, Laszlo was elected a Fellow of the International Academy of Management. In 2012 he was selected by his peers to be a “Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior” by Trust Across America™.