The 2020 Fowler Center Impact Investing Case Competition
The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit would like to thank the students, judges, and Weatherhead faculty members who helped make our Inaugural Impact Investing Case Competition a big success. We would also like to give a special thanks to our sponsoring organizations EPOCH Pi, and McDonald Hopkins.
The Inaugural Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit Impact Investing Case Competition took place on February 28th. Fourteen student teams presented before a panel of eight judges, all representing a unique and diverse field of investing and social impact-oriented practitioners. Presenting students included full-time, part-time, and undergraduate Weatherhead students. Numerous degree programs were represented in the competition and students presented a wide range of unique ideas and solutions to the challenges of the case. Judges were able to give feedback to students during a networking event held at the end of the day.
Successes of the Competition
Both students and judges gave feedback to the Fowler Center regarding the various strengths of the competition.
- The majority of the students felt that the competition was a good way to learn about impacting investing and social value creation
- Almost all students felt that the competition was challenging and required the use and development of real-world skills
- Judges enjoyed seeing the creativity and the thought processes of the students
- Students were able to learn more about the Fowler Center's mission, vision, and values
- Students enjoyed the flexibility to work with and compete against Weatherhead students from diverse degrees
Out of fourteen participating teams, our judges selected a first place and a second-place team. For more information on these outstanding teams see the link below.
Congratulations to our first and second-place Impact Investing Case Competition Teams!
Our first place team was team Finsight. Finsight's members were Lily Anne TranCat (BS Economics), Marisa Katz (BA Economics, MSM Finance), Jasmine Butcher (BS Business Management), Victor Xie (BS Business Management), and John Wen (BA Economics).
Our second place team was team Famous Five. Famous Five's members were Nicholas Kobernick (MBA), Manpreet Kaur (MSM Finance), Aditi Deshmukh (MSM Finance), and Vaibhav Kharuna (MBA and MSM Finance).
All the participating student teams worked hard and served as great representatives of the Weatherhead student body. We hope students enjoyed themselves and learned from the experience. See you next year!