Volunteer with the Fowler Center
Join the movement helping to shift how people think and act about business as a positive force for good.
The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit is looking for volunteer story editors for the AIM2Flourish program. AIM2Flourish is a globally used program that teaches students about the positive effects that business can have on society and the environment by having students interview business leaders and write stories about their innovations. Each story is reviewed by a volunteer story editor to check for grammar and clarity.
AIM2Flourish Story Editors support AIM2Flourish; the world's first higher education learning initiative inspiring future business leaders to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). By volunteering to edit AIM2Flourish stories, our story editors help students experience "Do Good, Do Well" leadership first-hand through conversations with business leaders and publishing their stories of innovation on AIM2Flourish.com.
The AIM2Flourish Editors are a passionate, committed group of people globally who are helping to raise awareness about Business as an Agent of World Benefit. They provide an essential review of all stories before publication, to ensure that the stories meet AIM2Flourish's publishing criteria.
AIM2Flourish Editors volunteer 1-2 hours a week to review stories online. This is a wonderful virtual, volunteer opportunity to help students' publish their stories and to learn about the positive force of businesses all over the world. To learn more or to join the Editors team, please contact Megan Buchter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Editor Responsibilities
- Review 1-2 AIM2Flourish stories a week accessed through your AIM2Flourish Dashboard.
- Review each story within one week.
- Check each story using the guidelines found on our Editor Resources page to determine if the story is eligible to be published or needs to be returned to the Professor/Student.
- Edit each story to be sure it reads well and uses English (U.S.) grammar and punctuation.
- Make minor revisions to improve the story, such as revising the headline and clarifying the writing of students for whom English is a second language.
For more information visit: https://aim2flourish.com/editor-resources
To join our volunteer story editor team contact: Megan Buchter, email@example.com