Applications for Research Fellow positions at EPS@Weatherhead will be reviewed by a committee composed of three people:
- Kalle Lyytinen, Faculty Director, DM Program; Professor and Chair, Department of Design & Innovation
- A DM faculty member relevant to the primary research area
- An EPS@Weatherhead Advisory Board member
Application steps are as follows:
- Submission of a research proposal, a letter of motivation and a resume
- Review of the application file by a committee; preliminary decision within 30 days of electronic submission
- Panel interview via phone or Skype
- Final decision of the committee within 15 days of the interview
Research Fellow candidates have to prepare a three- to five-page research proposal and submit it electronically on the EPS@Weatherhead site.
All proposals have to contain the following sections:
- General research description
- Problem of practice and potential research questions
- Intended audience for the research project
- Proposed research methods
- Contributions to theory and practice
- Proposed research team (faculty, advisors, partnerships, etc.)
- Dissemination plan during and after program
- Resources needed during the program (library access, etc.)
The committee will review candidate applications within 30 days of submission and will select candidates based on the merit of their research proposal. Preliminary acceptance will be followed by an interview using Skype or teleconferencing.
The review criteria for all research proposal will be as follows:
- Contribution to the field of engaged management research and evidence-based management research
- Robustness of the Research proposal: Problem of Practice (POP, Research Question (RQ), Research methods, etc.
- Potential for dissemination and promotion of EPS@Weatherhead
- Overall profile of the candidate
Upon acceptance into the Research Fellow program, candidates pay the first year fee of $1,000 (minus application fee of $50) within 30 days of acceptance or by August of the application year. Candidates also commit to paying the remaining fee of $750 due on year two and $750 due on year three. Failure to pay fees will lead to an automatic termination of the Research Fellow's program.