Area of Expertise
Brian A. Hurtuk serves as Managing Director for Colliers International | Cleveland - Akron. In his role, Mr. Hurtuk provides the leadership and guidance necessary to elevate the Colliers International brand to a wide variety of commercial real estate users. With more than 35 years of commercial real estate and business development expertise, Mr. Hurtuk utilizes his extensive background in office sales and leasing to serve as market leader in northeast Ohio.
Mr. Hurtuk is an active member of numerous professional associations and also has been recognized for his professional expertise by many of the organizations below:
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), 'Investment Deal of the Year' Winner, 2012
- Newcomer of the Year, Colliers International, 2013
- Midwest Real Estate Hall of Fame, 2013
- Crain's Cleveland Business, Forty Under 40
- NAIOP Board of Trustees, 1989-Present
- Leadership Cleveland-Class of 2002
- NAIOP, President (Northern Ohio Chapter), 1992-1993
- CoStar Power Broker, 2012, 2014 & 2016
- St. Peter Chanel High School Alumni Hall of Fame, 1989
Mr. Hurtuk began his career at Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young) as an auditor. After more than five years in the accounting field, he made the transition into the commercial real estate industry when he joined Ostendorf-Morris Co. as a sales and leasing specialist.
In 1992, he accepted a position with Amsdell Companies where he oversaw the ongoing leasing of more than 25 business parks throughout the United States, and spearheaded the development of several new projects in Northeastern Ohio. Prior to leading the Cleveland office of Colliers International, Mr. Hurtuk served as First Vice President for CBRE and specialized in office leasing in Cleveland's Central Business District.
- Business Volunteers Unlimited Board of Directors
- Greater Cleveland Partnership Middle Market Committee
- The Cathedral of St. John The Evangelist Lector