MSM-Business Analytics program launched
Cleveland Clinic-Weatherhead Executive MBA program launched
Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University partner to offer a healthcare executive MBA.
Strategic Innovation Lab founded
The Strategic Innovation Lab was created to catalyze and support the transition to a new U.S. grand strategy for the 21st century and prepare a new generation of strategic leaders.
Department of Design & Innovation launched
The first department of its kind, the Department of Design & Innovation brought together the faculty from the former Marketing and Policy Studies and Information Systems departments.
With the timely and generous gift of Char and Chuck Fowler, Weatherhead introduced the Fowler Center for Sustainable Value (now the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit)—launching the business as an agent of world benefit initiative to a new level of priority, scale and scope as an interdisciplinary center of excellence.
Peter B. Lewis Building completed
Designed by Frank Gehry, the Peter B. Lewis Building reflects the spirit of Weatherhead's innovative approach to business management.
Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit and World Inquiry Bank created
In 2002 Weatherhead School of Management launched an initiative called the "world inquiry into business as an agent of world benefit" where faculty and students across the school established a data bank to discover and showcase profitable business innovation in the arena of environmental sustainability and social entrepreneurship.
Doctor of Management program—the nation's first doctoral program for practicing executives—established
George S. Dively Building, home of Weatherhead Executive Education, completed
Enterprise Hall, Weatherhead’s first facility, completed
School dedicated as the Weatherhead School of Management
Case Western Reserve University's Board of Trustees passed a resolution to rename our institution in order to honor the Weatherhead family's leadership in business and industry.
Full-time MBA program established
Department of Management created
Federation of Case Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University formed Case Western Reserve University
First PhDs in Organizational Behavior in the world awarded by Case Institute of Technology
Case Institute of Technology’s Engineering Administration Department named Department of Management Science
First PhD in operations research in the world awarded by Case Institute of Technology
Cleveland College relocated to University Circle; Cleveland College School of Business officially recognized by Western Reserve University
School of Business Administration established
- First graduate disciplines in organizational behavior and operations research
- World's first PhDs in organizational behavior and operations research
- First competency-based MBA program in U.S. for leadership and emotional intelligence
- Nation's first doctoral program for practicing executives
- First to explore design principles for management innovation
- First business school to introduce leadership assessment in its MBA curriculum
- Appreciative inquiry invented at Weatherhead by David Cooperrider, PhD, Fairmount Santrol Professor of Social Entrepreneurship
- Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit founded in 2009
- Department of Design & Innovation established through a merger of the Marketing and Policy Studies Department and the Information Systems Department in 2013
- Undergraduate degree programs: BS in Accounting, BS in Management with a business management, finance or marketing major or a Dean's Approved Major, BA in Economics
- MBA programs: MBA (full-time and part-time), Executive MBA (EMBA), Cleveland Clinic-Weatherhead Executive MBA
- Specialty master's programs: Master of Science in Management-Finance (MSM-Finance), Master of Science in Management-Operations Research and Supply Chain Management (MSM-OR/SCM), Master of Science in Management-Healthcare (MSM-Healthcare), Master of Accountancy (MAcc), Master of Science in Positive Organization Development & Change (MPOD), Master of Science in Management-Business Analytics (MSM-Business Analytics)
- Doctoral programs: Doctor of Management (DM); PhD in Management with specializations in accountancy, Designing Sustainable Systems, or Design & Innovation; PhD in organizational behavior, and PhD in operations research
- Joint offerings: Master of Engineering and Management (offered jointly with Case School of Engineering), EMBA Nonprofit Certificate (offered jointly with the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences)
- Full-time faculty: 67 (76% tenured/tenure-track, 24% non-tenured); 88% PhD, 27% women, 28% international
- Full-time staff: 95
- Students (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral): 1,426
- Alumni: 18,000+