Developing transformational ideas and outstanding leaders for the advancement of business and society.
Design and Innovation at Weatherhead
Faculty, students and alumni contribute to our innovative endeavors through:
Sustainability and Entrepreneurship at Weatherhead
We bring this to our community through:
Strengths-Based Change for the Global Economy at Weatherhead
The global mindset of our community is reflected in:
- We believe that management is a noble profession committed to the advancement of human life.
- We value our strong ethical foundation and strive to promote a culture rich in ideas and reflection.
- We are committed to increasing individual creative and critical capacities, nurturing new and expansive patterns of thought.
- We value research of enduring consequence and judge its significance by the impact it has on management thought, management action and public policy.
- We value learning that is active and collaborative. Students, faculty and staff together engage important management problems with an innovative, knowledge-creating attitude.
- We are responsive to the needs of our students.
- We consider alumni our important partners and strive to add value to their personal and professional lives.
- We value partnerships with the business community and other organizations.
- We value meaningful service to society and strive for outcomes that influence and positively change the way people and organizations conduct themselves.
- We are a cohesive learning organization with an international outlook.
- We value diversity, characterized by open dialogue and mutual respect among individuals of different specializations, backgrounds, cultures and perspectives.
- We are results-oriented and judge our contributions by actions taken and outcomes achieved.
Weatherhead is respected, locally and globally, for research of enduring consequence. We are recognized for attracting and educating managers to design novel solutions to the most complex issues facing business and society. Our learning environment is a hub of creative thinking, innovative teaching and trans-disciplinary research, filled with excitement and a strong sense of community.
- Foster a research climate that supports and rewards excellence in both disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
- Redesign and align all graduate programs to link to our distinguishing themes to build programmatic synergies.
- Build on the currently exceptional undergraduate experience by leveraging the resources of the school, the university, University Circle and the Cleveland community.
- Nurture relations with our external constituents to create a value-added experience.
- Serve as a model of a well-managed, sustainable academic organization.
Manoj Malhotra, PhD
Albert J. Weatherhead III Professor of Management