This year is the 26th Annual Weatherhead 100 award. The purpose of Weatherhead 100 is to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship and to reward those companies that serve as a beacon to all businesses in Northeast Ohio. The 2013 Weatherhead 100 will recognize the fastest growing companies based on revenue from 2008 to 2012. The winning companies will be categorized as one of the following:
Weatherhead 100 -Companies whose net sales were at least $100,000 in 2008 and over $1 million in 2012. Additionally, winning companies must have employed a minimum of 16 full-time employees in 2012.
Weatherhead Upstarts - Companies whose percentage of sales growth qualifies for the Weatherhead 100 and who employed 15 or fewer employees, and/or had less than $1 million in net sales in 2012.
Weatherhead Centurion - Companies with 100 percent or more sales growth (or equal to the 100th company’s growth percentage if less than 100 percent) from 2008 through 2012 and net sales of $100 million or more in 2012.
Qualifications for selection into the 2013 Weatherhead 100:
- Net sales and figures for 2008 and all subsequent years must represent a full 12-month period of sales operation; partial years are not accepted.
- 2008 net sales must be at least $100,000.
- The company must be headquartered in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage, Richland, Erie, Huron, Ashland, Wayne, Stark, Trumbull or Mahoning Counties.
- The company must not have been a subsidiary of another company any time during the period 2008 to 2012.
- Individual franchise operations are not eligible.
- The company must be for-profit.