Mergers and acquisitions are a powerful strategic option for gaining markets, technology, scale or other strengths for growth and profitability. Yet, synergies that make sense in theory often fail to materialize in reality. In this program, participants will learn strategies and disciplines for expanding the boundaries of the firm – from identifying the right target to determining how much to pay and how much to integrate, including what and when. Analyzing current industry examples with M&A experts, this seminar will provide the tools to ensure repeated success with each acquisition.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Sayan Chatterjee, Ph.D. and Scott Fine||
Nov 14, 2011, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Nov 15, 2011, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Thomas C. Sullivan, Jr., Vice President of Corporate Development, RPM International, Inc.
Participants must have attended Corporate Strategy: Real-World Frameworks for Actionable Plans prior to attending this program, to gain intermediate background knowledge. They should also be familiar with basic accounting and finance topics, as covered in Financial Decision-Making for Non-Financial Managers.
- Selecting the target
- Strategy behind the deal
- Target criteria
- Evaluating value and risk
- Financing and its impact on valuation
- Structuring the deal
- Planning the post-merger integration (PMI) strategy
- What to integrate
- Sequence and speed
- Targeting quick wins
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Manage a merger or acquisition to maximize the return on investment
- Identify more precisely what they are acquiring, including why and what economic benefits they can expect from the acquisition or merger
- Relate the merger or acquisition to overall valuation and the enhancement of shareholder value for the acquirer
- Create a post-merger integration architecture to guide the company
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers who have direct or indirect responsibility for corporate development activities, as well as functional level managers involved in identifying and integrating acquisitions.
Individual Participants: $1,290
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant