REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, May 27, 2013
What we know and understand about team interaction has advanced rapidly in recent years. The findings uncover critical new knowledge and skills for team leaders that can dramatically impact team performance. One of those discoveries is the interconnection between learning and leadership. How an individual learns plays a significant role in leadership development, and the leader's style and adaptability strongly impact the experiences of the team. This is because learning styles impact how individuals process information, make decisions, and interact in group settings
This practice-based program will provide new insight on team dynamics and the practical tools you need to lead, develop and sustain healthy, innovative and successful teams. Led by Dr. Tony Lingham and Dr. Bonnie Richley, pioneers in team research, coaching and facilitation, this experiential program focuses on enhancing the collective experience of teams to achieve greater levels of performance, productivity, flexibility and innovation.'
As a team leader, or team member, in this program you will develop awareness of your individual learning style and flexibility across diverse work situations and in the context of your specific team. In addition, a key benefit will be insight into your team's experiences, as captured by the Team Learning and Development Inventory (TLI)©. This unique tool will provide you with greater understanding of ten key aspects of team interaction - the nexus around which team members connect, learn, fulfill tasks or projects, influence one another, and develop the ability to innovate and collaborate.
Team leaders will leave this workshop with a deeper understanding of team development and a learning plan to guide and engage their teams in healthy, productive interaction.
Team members will better understand their role within the team, and what they can do to maximize their performance.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Tony Lingham, Ph.D. and Bonnie Richley, Ph.D.||
Jun 3, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Jun 4, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Overview of the Kolb Experiential Learning Theory
- Learning Styles, and assessment of participant's learning style
- Learning Flexibility, and assessment of participant's flexibility
- Significance of Learning in Leadership Development
- Understanding and Interpreting the ASI
- Linking work motivation and learning
- Understanding team research and practice
- Understanding team interaction from an experiential approach and the four major dimensions of team interaction
- Understanding the TLI results and engaging in sense-making
- Working through team leadership in preparing for the team meeting
- Team leadership coaching
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify one's own learning style and learning flexibility
- Develop the ability to identify learning styles of others
- Build their ability to understand motivational strategies using a learning perspective
- Begin to identify and align one's style with situational presses
- Distinguish the four major dimensions and ten aspects of team interaction
- Receive TLI results of their team and facilitation by workshop leaders to provide better understanding of their team
- Develop the ability to work with other learning styles of team members
- Develop the ability to engage in team learning and development
Who Should Attend
Team leaders with current team responsibilities. It is suggested that team leaders bring 2 – 3 key team members who are critical to their success.
Individual Participants: $1,935
Package Pricing: 3 class day per participant