In healthcare, physicians and managers work in a hierarchical and siloed environment defined by educational qualifications and experience and operating on the basis of formal positional power, authority relationships and personality. In this environment, teaching, coaching and using well proven tools of behavioral and managerial communication can produce profound organizational success. If these activities are particularly effective, even greater self-understanding, self-mastery, engagement and satisfaction are produced.
Among the tools to be described and supplied in this course, the Enneagram is a highly useful construct to bridge the gaps that exist between business intentions and results. It has been used in a variety of business and non-business applications with striking results by releasing creative energy, enabling highly productive collaborations, and producing high performance teams. These features are highly desirable as well as well-suited to the healthcare environment with autonomous high status physicians needing to work together with all the other supporting staff towards excellent patient care and desired outcome targets.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|A. Gus Kious, MD||
Jun 24, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- The importance of understanding and using influence and power within a healthcare environment to get things done
- The challenge to leadership and management of scale and span of control in getting results at the individual department and organizational levels
- The rational use of functional and formal organizational charts to influence outcomes
- The leader/manager’s essential behaviors for business unit execution and the common problems of organizational execution which lead to mediocre business results
- The power of high performance operational and project teams
- The key characteristics of team discipline v. single-leader discipline in healthcare
- The importance of leading and facilitating change, using proven theoretical and practical tools
- The importance of developing an actionable and detailed change plan
- The importance of one’s personality style in biasing feedback and communication issues
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Create and manage more effective execution, productive teams, and predictable change management regardless of the size of the organization
- Learn a greater understanding of the use of practical tools to achieve predictable high performance outcomes
- Understand the value of teaching and coaching people to realize high energy engagement, energy, and collaborations
- Learn how the use of practical and scalable tools can be used to predictably achieve great performance in execution, high performance teams, and leading change with health system physicians and professional staff
Who Should Attend
Physicians and managers in healthcare, especially those who work with and lead physicians.
Individual Participants: $420
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant