Business changes in an eye blink. Executives are constantly bombarded with a plethora of potential opportunities and obstacles to growth. The challenges to success are relentless, and great ideas are simply not enough.
In a world of rapid, constant change, managers do not have the time to thoroughly evaluate every option on the table. Based on the premise that creative and logical decisions that are rapid and executable are better than optimal solutions that come too late, this course covers a proven process for solving complex problems quickly while overcoming barriers to profitability.
Using a combination of analytical and creative processes, participants will leave with a powerful tool kit (including the rule of thirds, logic diagrams, and interview techniques) for effectively and efficiently developing achievable goals, identifying real solutions, exploring plausible alternatives, creating realistic work plans, and driving execution - all without sacrificing thoroughness or creativity. The net result: better solutions developed faster to positively affect your growth, profitability, and ability to service your customers.
In this working session, participants will begin the process of resolving a current challenge in their organization. Competency will be developed through group exercises, discussions and practice of new and proven techniques. The course also includes exciting real-life examples from a variety of organizations, and provides powerful benefits to executives, managers and consultants.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
Sep 11, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sep 12, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
|Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Problem definition & situation analysis
- Objective setting
- Stakeholder analysis
- Scoping the problem
- Hypothesis building & rapid testing
- Logical work planning
- Interviewing and data collection
- Data matrix
- Logic diagrams
- Drawing conclusions based on facts
- Designing the best solution
- Driving execution
- Overcoming barriers to change
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify the key business issues, and reach consensus about the nature of the problem to be solved – as well as the specific areas that will be explored to solve it
- Plan and organize faster, more effective and efficient data collection
- Move beyond biases and assumptions, making their logic transparent and open to legitimate discussion and exploration of the data
- Maintain the discipline to design solutions that meet the goals of the organization, and best fit the will and skill of the organization
- Nurture commitment and develop support during the problem solving process to overcome psychological and cultural barriers to change
- Drive results and analyze the effectiveness of the implemented solution
Who Should Attend
Executives and managers from all functional areas, change agents and professionals with responsibility for improving organizational effectiveness. Leaders managing cross-functional teams or task forces, management consultants, and those who are transitioning into consulting/problem solving roles will also benefit.
This program is applicable to all for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
The following texts are included with the program materials:
Designing Solutions for Your Business Problems by Betty Vandenbosch
Individual Participants: $1,290
Package Pricing: 2 class day per participant