Ms. Shelley Sweet is a Weatherhead Affiliate Instructor who works with companies that need to transform the way they do work and use information. She teaches them the concepts and tools, helps them develop high performance end to end processes, and implement successfully with users. Her track record includes over 20 complex projects redesigning processes to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve customer satisfaction.
Her expertise includes:
- Business process redesign
- Lean Office
- University and corporate education
- Implementation of strategic initiatives
- Organizational accountability
- Internet/Intranet strategies
Ms. Sweet has over 20 years of consulting and industry experience, including direct sales responsibility, business process implementation, marketing management, and training and development. Examples of the value she has added for client systems include:
- Design and teach university and corporate executive and employee classes, including Process Mapping and Process Improvement, Improving Service and Office Operations through Lean, ISO 9000 Audit, Six Sigma Tools, and Manufacturing Simulation. Courses enabled employees to quickly identify and solve problems, thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
- Redesigned company client engagement process separating daily operational issues from strategic client retention. Improvements provided a single client entry point, new staffing models and workloads, and reduced the issues back log from 400 cases to 0 in less than 90 days.
- Implemented a consistent product development approach with a major oil and gas company and their suppliers, which reduced the total cost of ownership by over 30%.
- Developed integrated processes for branding and merchandising company. Changes provided consistent approach, reduced operating costs, decreased development time, and supplied requirements for system automation.
- Designed a curriculum for customer service employees to work with new systems in merging organizations that enabled employees to assume job responsibility in four weeks instead of six months.
- Streamlined pharmacy record process. Reduced report size from 400 to 100 pages, built unique format which cut entries and errors, and enabled products to get to market faster.
Ms. Sweet has added value to client systems across a variety of industries. Representative clients have included Applied Materials, Cisco, Bank of America, Chevron, Dey LP, Hewlett Packard, Levi Strauss, Pfizer Inc., Silicon Graphics, Tiffany & Co., MedImpact Healthcare Systems, FIRST 5, Santa Clara County, and University of California, Los Angeles.
Ms. Sweet holds a Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Wellesley College and a Master's Degree in Management from John F. Kennedy University. She received her Lean Certificate from the Lean Enterprise Institute.