Message from the GBSA President - Lynnette Jackson
Welcome Back Weatherhead Students! I hope you had a wonderful summer, filled with relaxation, fun, and lots of learning during your internship, work, or classes. Your GBSA executive team has been busy this month preparing for the 2006-2007 school year and we are eager to kick it off with some meaningful and exciting activities in the coming weeks.
First and foremost, we are thrilled to confirm that Provost John Anderson has designated Professor Mohan Reddy as the Interim Dean. Please join us in welcoming Professor Reddy to his new appointment. As you’ll read below, Dean Reddy will be hosting a fireside chat with second year students on Friday, September 1st to address the summer’s changes and plans moving forward.
Also, please mark your calendars for the following GBSA-sponsored events:
- Excel and PowerPoint Camps, Tuesday, August 22nd at 11:15 a.m. for new students with a second session open to Weatherhead community on a date and time to be determined. Led by Andy Male, GBSA VP of Finance.
- Student Club Fair, Tuesday, August 22nd at 4:30 p.m. at Wackadoo’s
For new students, club representatives, and all other interested WSOM students. This is an opportunity to learn more about our diverse clubs—from the environment saavy Net Impact to the always-saavy Wine Society and many others including Finance, Marketing, and Friends and Family.
- Cleveland 20/30 Club Young Professionals Networking Session, Thursday, September 14th at 6:00 p.m. at the Dively Center. This will be an opportunity to network with other young professionals in greater Cleveland area. The program is open to all students, more details to come.
Also, Case and Weatherhead will be sponsoring the following, very exciting events:
- Presidential Search meeting for Graduate and Professional Students- Thursday, August 24th 12-1 p.m. Thwing Hall
- Second year full-time re-orientation
Friday, September 1st 10-1 p.m. PBL room 118; join us for a dialogue with interim Dean Reddy as well as hear from the newly restructured student services and career development offices.
- Leaders on Leadership- Mayor Frank Jackson
Friday, September 15th 4 p.m.; this is an opportunity to have a question and answer session with the Mayor of the City of Cleveland- so get your questions ready.
We look forward to your active engagement in these and other activities and events this year as well as your comments and suggestions. Your GBSA team is always open to programming ideas and opportunities so feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and concerns.
Lynnette Jackson, MBA Candidate 2007
Graduate Business School Association