Weatherhead 100 Applications Being Accepted
The Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE), the small business arm of the Greater Cleveland Partnership, and the Weatherhead School of Management have begun accepting nominations for the 2006 Weatherhead 100. The Weatherhead 100 recognizes the fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio.
“Entrepreneurship is crucial to the success of Northeast Ohio,” said Dr. Myron Roomkin, dean of The Weatherhead School of Management. “Weatherhead 100 winners provide concrete evidence that success is attainable.”
The Weatherhead 100 will identify the 100 fastest growing companies based on sales from 2001 through 2005. Winners must have had net sales of at least $100,000 in 2001, and more than $1 million in 2005. Additionally, winning companies must have employed a minimum of 16 full-time employees in 2005.
“From job creation to innovation, the impact of entrepreneurs is enormous,” said Louis Licata, COSE Chairman and president of Licata & Associates Co. LPA. “It’s only fitting that we recognize their achievements of these fastest-growing companies – those whose entrepreneurial spirit is one of the region’s most promising assets.”
Other qualifications include:
- The company must be headquartered in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage, Richland, Erie, Huron, Ashland, Wayne, Stark, Trumbull or Mahoning County.
- Net sales and figures for 2001 and all subsequent years must represent a full 12-month period of sales operation; partial years are not accepted.
- 2005 sales must reflect an increase over 2004 sales.
- Franchise headquarters located in Northeast Ohio are eligible for consideration. Individual franchise operations are not eligible.
- The company must not have been a subsidiary of another company anytime during the period of 2001 to 2005.
- The company must be for profit.
The Weatherhead 100 will also honor the top 10 Centurions – the fastest growing companies in the larger, $100 million-plus sales category, as well as the Weatherhead 100 top Up-Starts, growth companies in the smaller, under $1 million-plus sales category.
Weatherhead 100 Centurion nominees must have 100 percent or more sales growth (or equal to the 100th company’s growth percentage if less than 100 percent) from 2001 to 2005, and net sales of $100 million or more in 2005.
Weatherhead 100 Upstart nominees must have sales growth that qualifies for the Weatherhead 100 and must have employed 15 or fewer employees, and/or had less than $1 million in net sales in 2005.
The nomination deadline is August 7, 2006. Winning companies will be honored at a black tie awards dinner on December 5 at 5 p.m. Complete information and a nomination form are available at www.weatherhead100.org.
Founded in 1987 by The Weatherhead School of Management, The Weatherhead 100 has been the foremost honor bestowed on a Northeast Ohio business. In 2004, COSE, which has nurtured the region’s entrepreneurs for more than three decades, became a partner with the Weatherhead School of Management in this effort. Since its inception, more than 2,000 entrepreneurs have achieved the extraordinary business growth required for winning.