Dean's Monthly Message
Posted 4.21.06Read the latest message from Dean Myron Roomkin.
With the arrival of spring, everybody at Weatherhead is looking forward to graduation and the end of second semester. Students in all of our programs are busy finalizing semester-long projects and studying for exams. Faculty are rounding out themes presented in their courses and preparing for their summer projects or classes. Staff are gearing up for our annual graduation celebratory weekend and continuing to recruit for next year’s classes. So, as always, it’s a busy time at Weatherhead. Watch for next month’s issue of Weatherheadlines which will be a special graduation edition.
This month I am pleased to announce that Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Foundation, a private foundation that is supported with company donations and donations from other interested stakeholders, will be the Underwriting Sponsor for “Business as an Agent of World Benefit: Management Knowledge Leading Positive Change,” the landmark forum that we are co-hosting with the United Nations Global Compact and the Academy of Management this fall. We are deeply grateful to Bob Stiller, CEO and President of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, for this contribution. Mr. Stiller is part of the Forum Advisory Board, comprised of senior executives, leading scholars, deans from outstanding business schools, presidents from civil society leaders and policy makers from around the world.
As reported in previous issues of Weatherheadlines, the October forum will bring together more than 400 leading business executives, management scholars, civil leaders, government policy makers and top students from around the world to explore the potential for businesses to lead in the eradication of poverty, enhancement of the environment, and establishment of peace while prospering financially. Hosted on the Case campus as well as virtually, the forum will:
- Explore new research on the business case for sustainable development as essential to contemporary corporate strategy and societal well-being;
- Re-envision management education to extend its immense influence on global corporate citizenship by shaping the intellectual frameworks and attitudes of future leaders; and
- Unite the strengths of business with the universally recognized values of the UN Global Compact and the world’s Millennium Development Goals.
You can get involved in this exciting event in the following ways:
- Submit a research paper, essay, integrative research review, conceptual framework, defining case study, or innovative, state-of-the-art workshop on the strategic aspects of sustainable value creation. Deadline: 5/15. Read more.
- Write a story highlighting your company’s impressive innovation and impact in the areas of sustainable development, social responsibility, and corporate citizenship. Deadline: 5/15. Read more.
- Become an event sponsor. Learn more.
Registration for both the live and virtual forum will open soon. (Watch for an announcement on our website in the coming weeks.) For more information about the event, call 216-368-2160, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bawbglobalforum.org.As always, please contact me if you would like to discuss this letter or to talk about our School in general. I can be reached at 216.368.1156 or via email at email@example.com.
With my best personal regards,