Weatherhead Press and Recognition
Weatherhead students, alumni, and faculty are often interviewed for print, radio and online publications or receive recognition and awards. Here are some highlights from this month.
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems Michel Avital proposal for the 2006 Freedman Fellows program has been accepted. The Freedman Center is a collaborative effort between the Kelvin Smith Library (KSL), the College of Arts and Sciences and the Information Technology and Academic Computing (ITAC) group.
- Barbara Clemenson, a current EDM student and also a part time lecturer at the Weatherhead Mandel Center, had an article published on the Charity Channel, called Stewardship in Nonprofit Organizations. She is currently teaching Financial Accounting for Nonprofit Organizations this semester.
- Professor of Economics Susan Helper is the new recipient of the SBC Professorship of Regional Economic Development.
- The research of Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior Sandy Piderit, "Breaking silence: Tactical choices women managers make in speaking up about gender-equity issues” was featured in the Aspen Institute's A Closer Look at Business Education: Women and MBA.
- Associate Dean for Undergraduate and Integrated Programs and Professor in Accountancy Gary Previts was recently quoted in the New York Times article "Now G.M. Has Woes on Audits."
- Professor of Economics Scott Shane is the new recipient of the A. Malachi Mixon, III Professorship of Entrepreneurial Studies. He recently released a report on angel investing conducted for the Federal Reserve that was highlighted at a meeting of the National Governor's Association. Professor Shane was also recently quoted in Crain's Cleveland Business and inc.com about the results of his three-year study that revealed that entrepreneurs most often succeed when their businesses are based in technical fields.
- Associate Dean of External Relations and Associate Professor of Information Systems Betty Vandenbosch's book "Designing Solutions for Your Business Problems: A Structured Process for Managers and Consultants" will soon be available in Chinese.
- Crainscleveland.com has recently featured the following Weatherhead events: April 10th BAWB Colloquium Series with C. K. Prahalad (click for article); BAWB Global Forum (click for article), and the February 27th Global Breakfast Series (click for article).