Weatherhead School of Management to Host Breakfast Series Sponsored by Crowe Chizek
Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management will host a breakfast series sponsored by the public accounting and consulting firm Crowe Chizek. The breakfast series will be held throughout the academic year and feature Weatherhead faculty speaking about their research, activities and publications.
The programs will be held at the George S. Dively building on the Case campus from 7:30-9:30 a.m. The cost per program to attend is $30.
Dates and topics are:
• October 17, 2005: “Business as an Agent of World Benefit: A Call of Our Time” featuring David Cooperrider, professor and chair of the Department of Organizational Behavior and director of the University Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit.
• November 14, 2005: “Resonant Leadership: Creating Sustainable Leaders through Mindfulness, Hope and Compassion” featuring Richard Boyatzis, professor of organizational behavior.
• January 23, 2006: “Spotlight on Weatherhead Faculty Publications: Conversations with the Authors” featuring Richard Boland, professor of accountancy and information systems; Sayan Chatterjee, professor of management policy; Ernesto Poza, professor for the practice of family business; Scott Shane, SBC professor of regional economic development; and Betty Vandenbosch, associate professor of information systems and associate deans of external relations and executive education.
• February 27, 2006: “Surviving and Thriving in the New Global Economy.” featuring Leonard Lynn, professor of management policy.
• March 27, 2006: “Managing Healthcare Costs through Incentives” featuring J.B. Silvers, Treuhaft Professor of Health Systems Management and faculty director of the Health Systems Management Center.