Upcoming alumni events
The alumni relations team has been busy planning events to increase the opportunities for our alumni to connect. We hope that you will join us when your schedule permits to network with your fellow Weatherhead alumni and friends.
Beginning on Thursday, October 4 Weatherhead alumni are invited to a Weatherhead Happy Hour, 4:30 to 6 p.m., in the Dively Building, to be held the first Thursday of each month.
Upcoming events are listed below; visit the alumni Web site for an overview of all activities.
- October 1: New York Alumni Reception; 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., JP Morgan Chase; New York City
- October 15: Chicago Alumni Reception; 6 to 9 p.m., Westin Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL
- October 24: Boston Alumni Reception; 6 to 9 p.m. Boston, MA
Boston Harbor Hotel
- November 2: Tokyo Alumni Reception; 6 to 9 p.m., Sheraton Mikayo Hotel; Tokyo, Japan
- November 28: New Delhi Alumni Reception; 6 to 9 p.m., The Taj Mahal Hotel; New Delhi, India
- December 14: Economic Forecast Luncheon; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Marriott at Key Center; Cleveland, Ohio
- April 9: Washington D.C. Alumni Reception; 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., The Hay- Adams Hotel
- March 26: San Francisco: The Four Seasons Hotel
Other Alumni Events
- Weatherhead Happy Hour: October 4 -- 4 to 6:30 p.m., Weatherhead School, George S. Dively Building, Cleveland, Ohio
- Panel discussion, "The Medical Mart: What Will It Mean for Cleveland?": October 16 -- The Smith College Club of Cleveland presents this panel discussion at 7:30 p.m. at the Hathaway Brown School. Four panelists will discuss the Medical Mart proposal and how it will impact their respective organizations in Cleveland. Panelists include: Frederick R. Nance, regional managing partner, Squire Sanders & Dempsey, and chairman of the Greater Cleveland Partnership; Virginia Carlson, Ph.D., assistant director of research, Department of Economic Development, City of Cleveland; David O'Halloran, president and CEO, Gebauer; and Dennis Roche, president, Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland. The maximum number of attendees per organization is 40, so please send us an e-mail to register at your earliest convenience to or call 216.368.0358.
- Faculty Webinar: October 16 -- Webinar with Professor J. B. Silvers at 10 a.m. Professor Silvers will present on the topic of "Links Between Healthcare Policy and Management Decisions." Register online.
- Weatherhead 100: December 4, 2007 (twentieth anniversary) -- A prestigious black-tie event will be held at Executive Caterers at Landerhaven, to honor the fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio. The annual event center stages the region's best businesses, recognizes their efforts, and awards their accomplishments in front of their business peers. The Weatherhead 100, started in 1987, showcases the true spirit of entrepreneurialism in Northeast Ohio. The Council of Small Enterprise and the Weatherhead School acknowledge and bring together the region’s fastest growing companies to celebrate their success. Today, the Weatherhead 100 further differentiates and distinguishes qualifying businesses into (Centurion) larger companies and (Upstarts) smaller companies. For more information on attendance and company sponsorship e-mail or call Tobe Schulman, 216.592.2398.