Associate Professor, Banking and Finance
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
M.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2001
M.B.A., Pontifical Catholic University, 1998
B.S., Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 1990
Native fluency in Portuguese, fluency in English, some fluency in Spanish
Corporate Finance, Financial Markets and Institutions, Financial Econometrics, Empirical Asset Pricing
Corporate Finance, Market Microstructure, Empirical Asset Pricing
- Madureira, L., Kadan, O., Zach, T., Wang, R. (2012). Analyst's Industry Expertise (vol. 54, issue 2-3, pp. 95-120). Journal of Accounting & Economics.
- Madureira, L., Anand, A., Gatchev, V., Pirinsky, C., Underwood, S. (2011). Geography and Price Discovery: Evidence from Nasdaq (vol. 14, issue 22, pp. 193-226). Journal of Financial Markets.
- Madureira, L., Kadan, O., Zach, T., Wang, R. (2009). Conflicts of Interest and Stock Recommendations: Evidence from the Global Settlement and Related Regulations (vol. 22, issue 10, pp. 4189-4217). Review of Financial Studies.
- Madureira, L., Underwood, S. (2008). Information, Sell-Side Research, and Market Making (vol. 90, issue 2, pp. 105-126). Journal of Financial Economics.
- Madureira, L., Gomes, A., Gorton, G. (2007). SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure, Information and the Cost of Capital (vol. 13, issue 2-3, pp. 300-334). Journal of Corporate Finance.
- Madureira, L. (2007). Ex Ante Real Rate and Inflation Premium Under Habit Consumption Model (vol. 14, issue 3, pp. 355-288). Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Madureira, L. (Author Only), , O. K. (Presenter & Author) American Finance Association Conference, "Stock Picking, Industry Picking, and Market Timing in Sell-Side Research", American Finance Association, San Diego. (2013).
- Madureira, L. (Presenter & Author) JAE Conference, Wharton School, "Analysts' Industry Expertise", The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. (2011).
- Lewis-Progressive Fellow, Case Western Reserve University. (2009).