Business writing has evolved dramatically in our fast-paced, technologically-savvy culture. Gone are impersonal documents full of arcane expressions, redundancies, and convoluted syntax. The focus today is on facilitating the reader’s task through 1) a plain, elegant, and coherent style, 2) clear organization, and 3) good-looking design.
In this program, participants apply the principles of clear, precise, effective communication to various forms of writing—from everyday emails to sensitive letters and formal reports. The interactive presentation format makes learning stylistic issues fun—and not a chore. The session mixes discussion with small group exercises and individual work. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and become actively engaged with their own learning. Everyone receives a comprehensive self-study manual for continuing professional development.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Terri Mester, Ph.D.||Wednesday, July 9 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Terri Mester, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, July 9 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Gathering and organizing thoughts
- Clarifying purpose and audience
- Writing with brevity, clarity, and coherence
- Using proper email etiquette
- Building goodwill in difficult situations, including complaints and bad news letters and memos
- Writing to persuade and/or sell your services
- Analyzing a model report format
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Humanize and modernize their business prose
- Improve the quality of emails they send and receive
- Increase the impact of their messages with words of precision and power
- Achieve greater clarity, conciseness and emphasis
- Write with greater confidence
Who Should Attend
Those who routinely write and/or edit strategic and sensitive letters and memos or reports, proposals and other complex, technical material.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant