Business writing has evolved dramatically in our fast-paced, technologically-savvy culture. Gone are impersonal documents full of arcane expressions, redundancies, and convoluted syntax. The focus today is on facilitating the reader’s task through 1) a plain, elegant, and coherent style, 2) clear organization, and 3) good-looking design.
In this program, participants apply the principles of clear, precise, effective communication to various forms of writing — from everyday emails to sensitive letters and formal reports. The interactive presentation format makes learning stylistic issues fun — and not a chore. The session mixes discussion with small group exercises and individual work. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and become actively engaged with their own learning. Everyone receives a comprehensive self-study manual for continuing professional development.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Terri Mester, Ph.D.||
Jul 9, 2014, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Gathering and organizing thoughts
- Clarifying purpose and audience
- Writing with brevity, clarity, and coherence
- Using proper email etiquette
- Building goodwill in difficult situations, including complaints and bad news letters and memos
- Writing to persuade and/or sell your services
- Analyzing a model report format
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Humanize and modernize their business prose
- Improve the quality of emails they send and receive
- Increase the impact of their messages with words of precision and power
- Achieve greater clarity, conciseness and emphasis
- Write with greater confidence
Who Should Attend
Those who routinely write and/or edit strategic and sensitive letters and memos or reports, proposals and other complex, technical material.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant