Process mapping can be an extremely powerful diagnostic tool for your organization. And you may well find more than process issues—including structural problems, poor controls and people issues. This program will help you overcome the obstacles that can cripple your processes and easily frustrate customers and employees. Using practical tools applied to your own, real-world situation, you will gain insights that get to the root cause of quality and timeline issues. Applying fundamental design principles, you will learn how to identify and fix broken processes, as well as how to design better processes for breakthrough results. You will leave with your own process mapped, analyzed and re-designed!
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Shelley Sweet||Monday, April 21, 2008 at 9 a.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Monday, April 21, 2008 at 9 a.m.
Event has Passed
- Process Mapping
- Flow charting symbols and how to use them
- The high-level map with sponsor vision and improvement targets
- Detailed “As Is” map showing roles, steps and decision
- The ten lenses of analysis
- The “Employee Frustration Lens” to the “Customer Report Card”
- How supplier evaluation and benchmarking build stronger processes
- Analysis and improvement
- Gathering diagnostics for cycle time, process time, wait time; costs
- Finding the root cause with quality improvement tools from Six Sigma and Japan
- Shortcuts to high-impact improvements
- Creating a visual analysis map
- Design principles
- Work flow
- Information flow
- Job design
- “Clean sheet” redesign
- The critical team roles for process improvement – sponsor, project lead, team members (including employees working on the process, maverick, IT, data expert and often a customer)
- Choosing from 5 methods for implementing your redesign
- Evaluating 4 critical factors in your organization to determine your likelihood of success
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Turn staff frustration into ideas to improve performance
- Redesign processes for better quality and lower costs
- Reduce total process time up to 95%
- Reduce customer response time and delivery time up to 50%
- Eliminate redundant decision approvals
- Accelerate time-to-market
- Demonstrate to senior management cost savings and ROI opportunities
- Build sponsorship and project teams that guarantee implementation
Who Should Attend
Process improvement teams or task forces will particularly benefit, as well as managers and supervisors working in IT, quality, and operations and cross functional initiatives.
Attending with several people from your organization will enhance your program experience. Even better, bring employees from different function who work in one of your critical processes. We will map, analyze and improve that process during the workshop.
Recommended Prior Knowledge
No prior knowledge in tools and methods of process mapping and process analysis is needed. It is helpful if participants bring knowledge of a broken process to use in class.
This program is designed for professionals seeking a “hands-on” experience in process mapping, improvement and management.
Individual Participants: $1,140 by credit card; $1,165 by check
Affiliate/Health Affiliate Partners: Two class days per participant.