Performance management is not an event; it is a process. In this very practical program, Leslie Yerkes, recognized consultant, speaker and author, provides managers with the tools and skills for building a performance management system and influencing performance relationships. Learn the key steps — from clarifying roles and responsibilities to providing feedback and recognition. Explore thoughtful approaches for building employee strengths and identifying areas of improvement. Whether you are an experienced supervisor or new to supervision, this full-day session will introduce and reinforce the skills key to enhancing individual performance.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Leslie Yerkes||Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Performance management – Five components to employee success
- Factor one: Defining role and goals
- Factor two: Coaching and feedback
- Factor three: Formal performance reviews
- Factor four: Counseling and discipline
- Factor five: Reward and recognition
- What performance management does for the manager and the employee
- Customizing your approach to your management style
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Develop an attitude toward performance management that focuses on employee, departmental and organizational success
- Gain an understanding of the critical role relationships play in effectively managing performance
- Learn how to develop clear performance expectations and deliver effective feedback
- Practice skills in each of the competencies for performance management (goal setting, coaching, giving and receiving feedback, performance appraisals, disciplining, counseling and recognition)
Who Should Attend
New managers or supervisors who have recently taken on the management of others or experienced managers who would like to enhance their current performance management capabilities. Managers and supervisors from all industries and functional backgrounds will benefit.
Individual Participants: $595
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant