Communicating…it is and has always been one of the most critical skills for managers. Anyone who masters the skill wields the power to get things done — and get noticed. This program will sharpen your listening and speaking skills, and teach you new verbal and non-verbal techniques. Learn how to use your strengths and minimize your weaknesses to improve working relationships. Develop interpersonal skills to build a climate of trust and cooperation.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Patti Hathaway||Thursday, Jan. 23 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Thursday, Jan. 23 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Communication and persuasion barriers
- Jargon, vague terminology
- Close-mindedness quiz
- Fake attention, selective perception, information assumption
- Thought/speech ratio
- Lack of empathy
- Avoiding gender fender benders
- Influencing others through listening techniques
- The EARS formula for improving listening skills
- Neuro-linguistics programming strategy for connecting and influencing others
- Handling negative feedback in a positive manner
- The care and feeding of employees
- How do I give feedback, praise, constructive criticism
- Personal action plan
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the critical importance of listening to others in order to overcome communication barriers in the workplace
- Be able to discern the overall communication differences between men and women
- Discover a non-verbal communication strategy to establish a conducive climate for interactions with others
- Learn how to give positive and negative feedback to others
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in improving their effectiveness in the workplace by becoming a more persuasive and effective communicator.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant