We live our lives as a series of conversations. Some conversations are controversial and confrontational while others are collaborative and creative. By understanding conversation styles, by practicing actual conversations, by raising awareness on what makes a conversation work, we can learn to move from the controversial to the collaborative, from the stymied to the creative conversation.
In this class we ask questions about conversations and learn what makes an energetically engaged conversation. We explore how to have successful conversations with coworkers, with family members, with friends and those we would like to befriend. We find ways to have stimulating conversations that can lower defenses and generate new ideas. We practice new thinking skills that can improve listening, and lead to conversations that are more imaginative, engaging and satisfying.
Getting past “right” and “wrong,” we will discuss gender differences and cultural differences in conversations and how these impact interactions in the workplace. We will learn how to leverage these new understandings into awareness and discuss the ideas suggested by experts to lead the conversation in your organization, creating broad alignment, buy-in, maximizing synergy, and ensuring commitment to the best ideas.
These conversational skills will result in wide-reaching positive changes.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Nurete Leor Brenner, Ph.D.||Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Nurete Leor Brenner, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Conversational styles
- Gender conversations
- Cross-cultural conversations
- Applying the awareness of differences in the work place
- Conversations with spouses, romantic partners, family members
- Conversations in the presence of authority
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn your own conversational styles.
- Learn how to increase emotional safety in a conversation so that you can discuss what matters most.
- Approach conversations and the world with the question: what can I learn here?
- Approach each conversation as a way of deepening the relationship
- Gain clarity around what you want from a conversation and how to get it.
- Work through differences with others and strengthen relationships.
- Discuss diversity problems face-to-face and in the moment.
Who Should Attend
Individuals at all organizational levels interested in improving their ability to relate to others
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant