Strong communication skills are critical for people who manage others. In an increasingly diverse and complex work environment, one communication style does not fit all situations. This course provides management communications tools that help managers build relationships and improve team performance. Participants in this seminar will assess their personal communication styles and learn ways to leverage their differences with others. Through models and exercises, participants will also learn about specific competencies to raise the performance and motivation of those they manage.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Ruth Herrman Siress||Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Ruth Herrman Siress
Date and Time:
Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
Participants should have prior coursework experience in interpersonal communications.. The instructor will presume some familiarity with all topics covered in Interpersonal Communication Skills.
- The Self Profile
- Understand communication style differences and build skills that make differences work for you, not against you
- Learn how to use language that influences and connects with style differences
- Models for effective managerial communications
- Ensuring that the message is targeted, clear and specific
- Listening and understanding to build commitment
- Measuring progress and increasing efficiency
- Master the art of asking questions to get the information needed
- Diffusing and managing "hardball" tactics
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- Giving constructive criticism
- Receiving feedback positively
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Apply a five-step communication tool that provides a framework for communicating any idea, plan or request
- Use proven communication strategies for dealing with performance and attitude problems without arousing resentment
- Learn how to become a take-charge leader, whom people respect and want to follow
Who Should Attend
Managers and supervisors who would like to build their leadership capacity by developing communication skills beyond the basics of interpersonal communications.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant