Natural systems and resources are being depleted, degraded, and impaired at a rapidly increasing pace, threatening the very existence of our society as we know it. Yet very few businesses are paying adequate attention to the adverse impact of these risks on their profitability and survival. Many critical questions are still not high enough on the radar of corporate managers, in spite of several large industry initiatives over the last decade (such as the Carbon Disclosure Project, the Equator Principles group of banks, Green and Socially Responsible Funds, etc.):
- What are the effects of climate change on corporate risks?
- What short term and long term financial challenges does this create?
- How is the financial services industry evolving to meet such challenges?
- What policy changes are occurring (and should occur) to facilitate appropriate management of such risks at all levels (individual, company, and country)?
- What innovative products (such as weather derivatives) are available to business managers for managing these risks?
- What role do carbon markets play in managing these critical risks, and how are these markets expected to evolve?
- How can companies assess sustainability risks and do sustainability risk audits?
- How should firms manage reputation risks arising from such challenges?
- What sustainable systems should companies adopt for their long-term survival?
- How are investors and shareholders affected by such risks?
- How would these strategies add sustainable value to the firm?
And the list of questions goes on…
This program will provide you with a unique opportunity to understand and explore such questions. It will expose you to cutting edge practices in the area of green finance risk management, providing you with the thought leadership that is essential for success in today’s fast-changing world. Above all, this should provide you not only with the tools to add value to your company in a whole new way, but also with the satisfaction of having done it the right way.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Anurag Gupta, Ph.D.||Friday, Aug. 16, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anurag Gupta, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Friday, Aug. 16, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Effects of climate change on corporate and business risks
- Regulatory and policy shifts across the globe
- The role of the financial services sector in managing these challenges
- New products in managing sustainability risks
- Carbon markets and emissions trading
- Risk management using carbon funds, carbon brokers, and carbon exchanges
- Carbon offset markets and environmental risks
- Sustainability risk assessments and management
- Sustainability risk control and audits
- Managing reputation risk
- Managing shareholder actions and corporate survival
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- How to manage long term risks due to climate change
- How to establish a business case for managing sustainability risks and overcome organizational barriers
- How to implement and integrate sustainability risk management into strategic and business decisions
- How to use the latest tools and strategies and to manage sustainability and reputation risks
- How to do sustainability assessments and audits for your company, and link it to long-term shareholder value creation
Who Should Attend
Participants will include:
- Managers across all functional areas seeking a broad knowledge of green finance and sustainability risk issues;
- Corporate managers seeking an in-depth understanding the latest products and strategies to manage climate change risks;
- Profit center heads who want to understand and manage the business implications of climate change;
- Corporate Treasurers/Controllers/CFOs;
- Management and risk consultants;
- Corporate planning / development managers and business strategists;
- Executives in audit, compliance and risk control.
- Executives in NGOs and policy think tanks.
- Government executives involved in regulatory policy discussions and debates on climate change and its financial impact on businesses.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant