As leaders, we know that leadership is about influencing the behavior, the actions, and the opinions of others and tapping into the reservoir of discretionary effort that exists within all of us. While this objective sounds somewhat straight forward and achievable, we know that it’s often a very complex task and one that can frequently feel insurmountable. In fact, it has been said that, “Influence may be the highest level of human skills”.
So, what exactly is influence and what do we know about how to wield it most effectively? Is Influence the same as pressure, guidance, or clout? These are just a few of the core questions that will be explored in this high-level and fast-paced program on Executive Influence. This one-day course will bring together a group of executives eager to accelerate their understanding and advance their skills in this crucial area.
This program will provide participants with a foundation for understanding the art and science of influence while also providing ample time to integrate and customize this learning into their own circumstances. In addition to examining the role(s) that others play in the influence dynamic, special attention will be given to the role we as leaders play in contributing to or detracting from our own levels of personal power and influence.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Rick Simmons||Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Date and Time:
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
Management of Self
- Creating congruence between natural strengths & specific strategies/tool
- The interplay among leadership, influence, and personal power
Tools of Influence
- Introduce Influence Models
- Episodic vs. Serial Nature of Influence
- The Impact of Relationships on Our Ability to Influence
- Rounding Out Influencing Skills Beyond Our Natural Strengths / Tendencies
Leveraging Others and their Roles
- Systems Thinking Approach
- Identifying and Liberating Predictable / Common Players
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the Business Case for Improving Influence Skills
- Create a Customized Plan of Strategies and Tactics to Improve Their Levels of Influence
- Exchange Insights with Fellow Leaders and Create Enhanced Understanding of Influence
- Improve Their Ability to Influence & Motivate Large Groups, Departments, the Organization
- Employ a Systems Thinking Approach to More Effectively Influence All Stakeholders, including: C-Suite Executives, Boards, Shareholders
- Utilize a Strengths-Based Approach to Influencing Others
Who Should Attend
All those who seek to better understand and become more effective at integrating and utilizing the tools of influence, particularly:
- Senior Leaders
- Leaders and Managers in Matrix Organizations
- Leaders in Transition
- New Organization
- New Role
- New Team
- New Goals
- Leaders and Managers Overseeing Global Team
- Leaders and Managers in Industries or Organizations Experiencing Rapid Growth/Change
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant