The global business landscape is littered with expansive, well intended strategies that failed. Why? Many strategies fail in execution because leaders often fail to identify and invest in the full range of the projects required to support those strategies. Even as strategists break their plans into doable chunks, they seldom work with project leaders effectively. Many leaders neglect to revise their company's strategic portfolio to fit the demands of the dynamic environment. And they lose touch with strategic initiatives long before projects realize their value to internal and external customers.
In this course, Dr. Sayan Chatterjee, renowned strategist, will provide senior managers with a powerful approach to rolling out corporate strategy from the boardroom to the shop floor. Citing examples of successful corporations, he will provide tools to ensure your strategic purpose is clear, understandable and actionable at every level of the organization. You will learn how to communicate goals with precision, ensuring the goals are congruent with your strategy, and how to carve these goals into discrete projects with measurable outputs. You will also learn how to cascade the execution of your plan throughout the organization, entrusting each management level to define projects that ultimately support the strategic goals you have set. Finally, you will learn how to fully engage employees in decision-making, broadening their awareness as they anticipate and overcome roadblocks, thereby maximizing their effectiveness in carrying out the plan.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Sayan Chatterjee, Ph.D.||Thursday, April 21, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Sayan Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Thursday, April 21, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
Participants should have advanced prior knowlege of the topics covered in Corporate Strategy: Real-World Frameworks and Actionable Plans.
- How to develop goal clarity
- Case: How British Petroleum transformed itself to a sustainable organization
- The roots of confusion in executing a strategy
- Developing common perspective
- Identifying the key uncertainties before embarking on execution
- Organization structure, culture and the constraints to execution
- Entrusting and engaging employees in decision-making
- Protecting decision-processes from bias
- Setting up a free market of ideas within an organization
- Staying focused
- Setting the plan into full operation
- Rules of engagement
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Set and communicate purpose
- Carve out the purpose into projects with clear deliverables
- Drive execution with a focus on goals, not the means
- Keep the plan relevant to changing business conditions
- Overcome subtle communication barriers that can undermine even the best plans
Who Should Attend
Senior managers, director-level and above, who are engaged at the highest levels of strategic planning.
Individual Participants: $595
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant