Value-based purchasing and transparency in patient satisfaction reporting are creating a burning platform for healthcare organizations to improve the patient experience now! Those who can deliver a consistently positive patient experience will reap the benefits of higher reimbursement and better patient retention. But to achieve the ideal patient experience, healthcare leaders need to understand the patients’ perspective and develop a culture that engages the hearts and minds of both employees and providers. Success takes more than a list of tactics - it requires strategic objectives and transformational leadership.
This session will help you understand the patient perspective and how to spot opportunities for improving at key touch points. You’ll identify key drivers of success and begin the process of creating a methodical service excellence work plan.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Kristin Baird||Tuesday, Aug. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Why now? What’s creating an unprecedented burning platform?
- How patients define quality
- Methods for drilling down into the patient experience to gain a greater understanding and appreciation for the patient perception
- Why a great experience takes more than simple “smile lessons”
- Key drivers of success
- Levels of accountability for service awareness, service delivery & service recovery including the senior leader’s role, middle manager’s role and the role of every front line employee
- How culture shapes the patient experience
- Evaluating the culture and infrastructure
- 3 things that will erode a leader’s credibility
- Fostering engagement among managers, staff and physicians
- Steps for driving accountability and competencies
- Transformational vs. transactional leadership
- Your action plan
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify current market influences that demand improvement now
- Explore how patients define quality and how that definition differs from that of the healthcare organization
- Review 6 non-survey methods used to assess the patient
- Discover the key drivers of success
- Assess the levels of accountability for service to both internal and external customer
- Recognize the role of organizational culture in the patient experience
- Define 3 things that can erode the leader’s credibility
- Understand the difference between transformational leadership and transactional leadership
- Prepare a structure for a service excellence work plan
Who Should Attend
This session is designed for both middle managers and senior leaders who want to improve the patient experience. It is ideal for leadership teams who have identified the patient experience as a strategic objective and need a either a roadmap or compass for the journey.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant