(Formerly “Enhancing the Customer Experience through Service Innovation Design”)
Service represents a way to transform your relationship with customers. Through service innovation, organizations create deliberate and thoughtful experiences using carefully arranged, tangible and intangible resources. As the economy moves away from material goods, service is becoming the primary means for creating value. Enhancing experience-based service is critical for most organizations.
Design is a powerful tool to envision service and create compelling customer experiences. It offers a systematic way to explore ways to identify customer interactions with the organization through different touch points, and allow organizations to deliberately realign its resources to deliver coherent and unique experiences that customers can identify with your brand. Whether you have a single product line or multiple products, whether you are in B2C or B2B, or whether you sell goods or services, service design provides a powerful tool for innovations.
In this hands-on design workshop, participants will take part in a simulation to learn key principles of service innovation and how the design inquiry methodology can be effectively used to uncover these opportunities. Participants can apply the methods and principles covered in the program to both consumer and industrial markets, as well as for internal service innovations.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Youngjin Yoo, Ph.D.||Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:03 a.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Opportunities for service innovations
- The design inquiry method
- Various analytical tools for design inquiry including service safari, contextual interviews, cultural probes, mobile ethnography, stakeholder map, persona, customer journey map, storyboarding, and customer lifecycle maps.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn how to plan and execute design inquiry
- Learn how to systematically identify opportunities for service innovations
- Discover how to conceptualize a service innovation design opportunity that is compelling and strategic
- Tools to uncover the nature of relations among people, between people and things, between people and activities, and between people and organizations, across different times and locations
Who Should Attend
Managers in the areas of marketing and strategy innovation, IT, and organization change. Pairs or groups of managers from the same company should attend together for maximum benefit.
Youngjin Yoo, PhD, is Professor of MIS and Strategy and Irwin L. Gross Senior Research Fellow at Fox School of Management at Temple University. He is also WBS Distinguished Research Environment Professor at Warwick Business School in the UK. He has worked with several leading design firms including Gehry & Partners and IDEO and is currently working with Samsung Electronics to develop their design strategy. He was a former faculty member of the Case Weatherhead School of Management.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant