In the rapidly advancing digital age and knowledge economy, service innovation emerges as a powerful way of transforming the way organizations engage with customers. Through service innovation, organizations create deliberate and thoughtful experiences using carefully arranged tangible and intangible resources. Although service is not a new concept, it is becoming the primary means for creating value as the economy moves away from material goods. Enhancing experience-based service is critical for most organizations.
In this hands-on design workshop, participants will take part in a simulation and learn key principles of service innovations and how the design inquiry methodology can be effectively used to uncover these opportunities. Participants can apply the methods and principles covered in the program to both consumer and industrial markets, as well as for internal service innovations.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
|Youngjin Yoo, Ph.D.||Thursday, May 1 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Youngjin Yoo, Ph.D.
Date and Time:
Thursday, May 1 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Event has Passed
- Opportunities for service innovations
- The design inquiry method
- Various analytical tools for design inquiry including service safari, contextual interviews, cultural probes, mobile ethnography, stakeholder map, persona, customer journey map, storyboarding, and customer lifecycle maps.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn how to plan and execute design inquiry
- Learn how to systematically identify opportunities for service innovations
- Discover how to conceptualize a service innovation design opportunity that is compelling and strategic
- Tools to uncover the nature of relations among people, between people and things, between people and activities, and between people and organizations, across different times and locations
Who Should Attend
Managers in the areas of marketing and strategy innovation, IT and organization change. Especially valuable to those working or consulting for manufacturing companies. Pairs or groups of managers from the same company should attend together for maximum benefit.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant