CCYWI has begun to offer digital badges upon completion of certain trainings, starting with Youth Work Practices. "A digital badge is a validated indicator of accomplishment, skill, quality or interest that can be earned in many learning environments. The world is changing fast and, today more than ever, traditional modes of assessment fail to capture the learning that happens everywhere and at every age. Digital badges inspire new pathways to learning and connect learners to opportunities, resources, and one another." (Humanities, Arts, Science and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory)
Once you earn a digital badge, you can feature it on your personal networking sites, opening doors to more career, education and lifelong learning opportunities.
To find out more about digital badges, view this brief video: http://www.macfound.org/videos/395/
- America’s Promise Alliance – nation’s largest partnership dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth.
- Appolicious – The education section of Appolicious is a listing of thousands of educational applications(free or low cost) with descriptions and reviews. It’s a great place to go if you’re looking for something new, or just to check something out before you buy it.
- Child Trends – nonprofit, nonpartisan research center that studies children at all stages of development.
- Children’s Defense Fund – non-profit child advocacy organization that has worked relentlessly for nearly 40 years to ensure a level playing field for all children.
- Corporation for National and Community Service – federal agency that engages more than 5 million Americans in service through Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and Learn and Serve America, and leads President Obama's national call to service initiative, United We Serve.
- National Institute of Out-of-School Time – has moved the afterschool field forward through its research, education and training, consultation, and field-building for nearly 30 years.
- PerformWell – is a collaborative effort initiated by Urban Institute, Child Trends, and Social Solutions. By providing information and tools to measure program quality and outcomes, PerformWell helps human services practitioners deliver more effective social programs.
- Planning for Life After High School – According to the landmark study ‘High Hopes, Long Odds,’ many students and families do not have the information and guidance they need to pursue their postsecondary goals and dreams. And yet, attaining additional education after high school is essential in the 21st century economy. Learn how best to help students attain the education and training they need to pursue their dreams in IYI’s latest Issue Brief, Planning for Life After High School.
- Step It Up 2 Thrive – provides you with instructions and resources to help youth envision and work towards their full potential.
- The Forum for Youth Investment – nonprofit, nonpartisan “action tank” dedicated to helping communities and the nation make sure all young people are Ready by 21®: ready for college, work and life.
Articles of Note by Subject:
- Active Hours Afterschool: Childhood Obesity Prevention and Afterschool Programs (2006)
- Afterschool and Healthy Youth (2004)
- Afterschool and Service-Learning (2004)
- Youth Voice: A Guide for Engaging Youth in Leadership and Decision-Making in Service-Learning Programs