Susan Cucuzza is executive coach and founder of Live Forward LLC. She coaches executives on leadership style, emotional and social competence, the intentional change process, succession and career planning, and performance management. She applies her passion and philosophy of authentic and holistic leadership.
Organization and Industry Experience
Prior to launching Live Forward LLC, Susan led HR programs nationally and internationally in Fortune 500 companies for over 15 years, with special focus on leadership and talent development. She served on the HR executive team (top HR leaders) at Textron Inc. There she was responsible for succession planning, leadership and organizational development, recruiting, rewards and employee relations for key corporate functions, including international HR responsibilities. She coached key executives in new roles through new leader assimilation, Myers-Briggs, 360-degree feedback, and career development. Susan also designed and led leadership rotational programs, which achieved global recognition with a chairman's award for innovation at Textron. She also led the design of an enterprise-wide career development program for Six Sigma Black Belts, which Susan described in her article in iSixSigma Magazine (March / April 2010).
Previous to Textron, Susan managed workforce development at ArvinMeritor, a Tier One automotive supplier. This included programs for new managers and supervisors (plant and non-plant locations, union and non-union), leadership assessments, employee engagement / involvement, and team building. She also held global leadership roles in HR continuous improvement, performance and rewards, and she was the first corporate employee to become certified in HR continuous improvement / lean.
Susan’s consulting experience has included managing human capital projects at Deloitte & Touche and KPMG Peat Marwick. Previous to that she was an HR Officer at National City Corporation.
- Weatherhead Executive Coaching Certificate
- Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) 360-degree assessment
- Lominger Voices® 360-degree assessment
- Lominger Leadership Architect®
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation-Behavior® (FIRO-B)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt
- Professional Coach Certification (PCC) – in progress
- Affiliate Instructor – Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management Executive Education
- MBA – Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management
- BA, Business Administration – Baldwin-Wallace College
- Cleveland Coach Federation – President
- International Coach Federation
- Cleveland Society for Human Resources Management – Mentoring Program Leader
- Northern Ohio HR Planning Society (NOHRPS)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE)
- West Shore Chamber of Commerce