Kay Peterson is an executive coach, organization development consultant and the Managing Director of Learning Partners Group. She is also a founding partner of Harlan Peterson Partners where she co-created the Summit Series Program to support professionals such as attorneys and physicians become exceptional owners, leaders and entrepreneurs. She has coached leaders in business, health care and law, executive teams, and graduate students in business and law.
Kay guides her clients to expand capabilities, to increase flexibility, and to integrate all parts of life. She is supportive and challenging, inquisitive and skilled, reflective and action-oriented. Kay's strength-based approach to coaching values personal growth and development. She helps clients create a personal vision that merges passion with purpose, and makes the process of learning explicit by building on personal style preferences. Kay combines Experiential Learning, Intentional Change, emotional and social intelligence, systems and polarity thinking, Gestalt, movement and physical process, and adult development theory to support leadership development, to increase team cohesion, and to build learning organizations that spur collaboration, innovation and social responsibility.
Prior to consulting, Kay owned and managed a privately held, family-owned business that provided sales to manufacturers and distributors, opened new lines of business and created sustainable ventures. She has held leadership positions on health care, civic and private boards.
Kay's publications with David Kolb have appeared in Harvard Business Review's HBR Guide to Coaching Your Employees and Journal of Experiential Education.
- MS in Positive Organization Development & Change, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
- MBA, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
- MN, (Clinical Nurse Specialist in Community Health) Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- BS, Vanderbilt University
- Gestalt Professional Coaching Certificate and Board Certified Coach
- Certificate in Developing Leadership through Emotional Intelligence for Coaching and Sustainable Change
- Hay Group Emotional and Social Competencies Inventory (ESCI)
- Certificate in Experiential Learning Theory and Practice (including Kolb Learning Styles Inventory)
- Certificate in Appreciative Inquiry Certificate in Positive Business and Society Change
- Polarity Thinking- Currently in Polarity Mastery Program
- Gestalt Training Program and Gestalt Physical Process Program