We offer a 30-credit-hour MSM-Finance program that can be completed in only 2 semesters (Fall and Spring). A set of core courses builds a strong foundation. Students can choose from several exciting electives. We will also offer the flexibility of staying longer to take additional electives and choose a capstone project.*
Thus, a student can tailor the pace with which he/she moves through the program to suit his/her own professional development goal.
The Finance Core provides students with the tools and techniques that serves to build a strong foundation for a career in finance. These are:
- MSFI 404 – Financial Modeling
- MSFI 421 – Fundamental Analysis of Companies and Industries
- MSFI 429 – Investment Management
- MSFI 430 – Derivatives and Risk Management
- MSFI 435 – Empirical Finance
- MSFI 436 – Individual, Team and Career Development
Students have the opportunity to choose from the following Electives, to develop expertise in a particular area of interest [broadly, corporate finance or risk management]:
- MSFI 428 – Financial Strategy and Value Creation
- MSFI 431 – Fixed Income Markets and Their Derivatives
- MSFI 432 – Corporate Risk Management
- MSFI 440 – Advanced Corporate Finance
- BAFI 420 – Health Finance
- BAFI 444 – Entrepreneurial Finance
- BAFI 450 – Mergers and Acquisitions
- BAFI 480 – International Financial Management
- Any other elective that furthers a student's expertise in his/her chosen area, as approved by the Program Faculty Director
In addition, students choosing to stay beyond 2 semesters can enroll in our Capstone Courses:
Students choosing to stay beyond 2 semesters can also apply for valuable internship opportunities on a competitive basis.
For additional information review the general bulletin.
*contingent upon obtaining all of the necessary approvals