About the Program
The Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University and School of Economics and Management (SEM) at Tongji University have jointly developed this double degree program. Upon graduation from the program, students will obtain both the Master of Science in Management-Finance degree from Weatherhead and the MBA degree from Tongji SEM. Students take 10 SEM MBA courses and 12 Weatherhead MS-Finance courses. The program, designed for part-time students and offering classes outside normal working hours, may be completed in just five semesters, but students must complete the program within five years.
- Obtain the first MS-Finance degree offered from a highly ranked US University in mainland China
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge and skills in global finance
- Learn broad managerial competencies at a top Chinese university
- Work with internationally-renowned faculty with extensive research and industry experience
- Take advantage of the opportunity to prepare for CFA, FRM, and other certifications
- Specialize in corporate finance, risk management, and capital markets
- Network with financial sector players in the U.S.; intern in Shanghai’s Lujiazui/Pudong international finance and trade area
About Tongji and the SEM
Located in Shanghai, Tongji is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China. Among its 4,200 academic staff of over 710 professors and 1,500 associate professors, there are six members of the Chinese Academy of Science and seven members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
The SEM started offering education in economics and management in 1956. Since then, it has consistently attracted talented students and demonstrated academic excellence. Ranked #12 in China in Forbes’ 2007 list of the best business schools, in the 2005 survey from the same magazine, the SEM part-time MBA placed 9th and graduates of the school earned the 6th highest salary.
For more information on the program, Tongji University, and SEM, please visit the SEM Website.
Application / Requirements
- Admission to both Tongji’s SEM and Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management
- English proficiency
- China National MBA Test results to Tongji University standards
Ms. Li YiBin at MBA Center of SEM, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Tel: (86) 021-65983251; email: email@example.com
Dr. Anurag Gupta, Director, Weatherhead School of Management - Tongji University Double Degree Program
Tel: (216) 368-8907 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org