Is This Program Right for Me?
The MPOD degree enables professionals to create a better world by developing human potential with strength-based methods of inquiry, design, and change management. The field of organization development has seen priorities shift radically within the last twenty-five years. Customer service, productivity, and the bottom line are no longer the only benchmarks of business success.
The MPOD curriculum recognizes that today's leaders must embrace technology, globalization, accelerated change, distributed organizing, and social entrepreneurship. Even in the day-to-day workplace, new elements are in play; success at a personal as well as an organizational level means balancing technical, relational, and human factors. That is why we teach principles of visionary leadership, transformative cooperation, and diversity at work as essential to functioning multicultural and global networks.
Consider the MPOD if:
- you want to learn how to align organizational strengths and make weaknesses irrelevant.
- you want to understand the difference between outstanding leaders and those that are not.
- you want to achieve economic well-being by doing what is right environmentally and socially to create sustainable enterprises.
- you want to learn how to intervene at strategic levels.
Upon completion of the program, you will:
- build new capabilities in strategic-level change management for value creation with customers and communities
- broaden your knowledge of leading-edge theory and practice in Appreciative Inquiry, strength-based human resource development, and positive organizational change research
- develop the Emotional Intelligence to foster leadership skills and personal character in yourself and others through coaching
- learn to form extraordinary groups and organizations-sustainable enterprises that prosper economically, respect ecology, allow people to flourish, and help unite market strengths with universal well-being
- engage in lifelong experiential learning to become an agent for change