The full-time MBA is a four-semester, 60-credit program tailored to meet your needs. In partnership with faculty and staff, you will create a personalized learning plan, choosing electives to complement core curriculum for an integrated, yet focused, MBA.
During your Weatherhead journey, you will encounter courses that will help you assess your strengths and develop a learning plan to improve your weaker areas through such courses as Leadership Assessment and Development (LEAD) and Organizational Behavior (OB). During your first year, you will master the core areas of accounting, finance, marketing and supply chain management, strategy, statistics and decision modeling and economics. During your second semester, you’ll acquire new skills and knowledge through Management Perspectives and Dialogues which will prepare you to undergo a rigorous test as top area executives visit your classroom to work with you on business problems they currently face.
In the second year of the full-time MBA program, you will deepen your mastery of design practices and sustainable value. Publications like Forbes and Businessweek have taken note of our hands-on, year-long classes in which student teams tackle intensive applied projects as consultants to area businesses. You will also choose eight semester-long electives.
Through your choice of nine electives, you will determine your focus area independently, enabling greater flexibility than formal concentration areas allow. Bring our Career Management Office into the conversation when you begin to specialize; they can help you position yourself for your ideal post-MBA employment.
General electives offered include:
- BAFI 404 – Financial Modeling
- BAFI 420 – Health Finance
- BAFI 428 – Financial Strategy and Value Creation
- BAFI 429 – Investment Management
- BAFI 430 – Derivatives and Risk Management
- BAFI 431 – Fixed Income Markets and Their Derivatives
- BAFI 432 – Corporate Risk Management
- BAFI 440 – Advanced Corporate Finance
- BAFI 450 – Mergers and Acquisitions
- BAFI 460 – Investment Banking
- MGMT 464 – Business Ethics
- MGMT 467-1 – Commercialization and Intellectual Property Management
- ORBH 450 – Executive Leadership
- ECON 421 – Health Economics and Strategy
- BLAW 417 – Legal Environment for Managers - M.B.A.
- MKMR 410 – Marketing Insight Management
- OPRE 433 – Probability, Statistics, and Forecasting
- OPMT 420 – Six Sigma and Quality Management
- MKMR 475 – Supply Chain Logistics