The MPOD program is conducted in five separate week-long residencies and one 10-day international tour spread over 18 months. These residencies are conveniently spaced 10-12 weeks apart — thereby making the program flexible enough to accommodate the busy schedules of leaders, managers and staff professionals. This design will enable students to attend school without leaving their employment. The intervening periods (between program residencies) will involve project and group work, self-study, assignments, reading and on-line guidance done in collaboration with the faculty at CWRU.
- MPOD 413 – Foundations of Positive Organization Development and Change
- MPOD 416A – Leadership, Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 431 – Experiential Learning for Individuals, Teams, and Organizations
- MPOD 416B – Leadership and Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 435 – Practicum in Appreciative Inquiry and Positive OD
- MPOD 479 – Foundations of Strategic Thinking
- MPOD 416C – Leadership, Executive Assessment and Development
- MPOD 432A – Interpersonal Skills Building
- MPOD 470A – Leading Change from a Complexity Perspective
- MPOD 480 – Dynamics of Effective Consulting Strategies
- MPOD 414 – Organization Design for a Knowledge World
- MPOD 432B – Interpersonal Skills Building
- MPOD 439A – Individual Field Project
- MPOD 470B – Leading Change from a Complexity Perspective
International Study Tour
- MPOD 498 – Global Citizenship and Multi-Cultural OD: International Study Tour
- MPOD 418 – Sustainability for Strategic Advantage
- MPOD 432C – Interpersonal Skills Building
- MPOD 439B – Individual Field Project
Education between residencies will be conducted via Internet-mediated learning, individual reading and writing, and virtual conferencing.
International Study Tour
One of the uniquely rewarding aspects of the MPOD program is the 10-day international study tour. You will travel as a cohort to Katholieke Universieit in Leuven, Belgium, to learn with students from their Certificate of Continuing Education program in Consultancy in Groups and Organizations (CIGO), and to Ashridge Business School, Berkhamsted, U.K., to study alongside peers in the Ashridge Masters in Organisation Consulting (AMOC) program.
Experiencing the dynamics of a multicultural student body and engaging directly with consultants and other agents of change during site visits provides an intensive learning opportunity unlike any other. This is also an occasion for Weatherhead students to deepen peer relationships and broaden their international contacts while gaining first-hand experience of global citizenship.
Tour locations include:
- Consultancy in Groups and Organizations (CIGO) — Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
- Ashridge Masters in Organisation Consulting (AMOC) — Ashridge University, United Kingdom
The MPOD includes three supervised action learning experiences. You’ll form consulting teams to work with Cleveland-based clients as part of the Practicum in Appreciative Inquiry and Positive OD and the Building the Sustainable Enterprise course. The third experience, the Individual Field Project, is a robust action learning project that allows you to work in the field with your organization, or an organization of your choice.
For additional information review the general bulletin.