The MSM-OR/SC curriculum provides students with the fundamentals of business as well as depth and focus in the principles and concepts of operations and supply chain management. This unique program produces highly knowledgeable professionals well prepared to make organizations more efficient and competitive.
Is This Program Right for Me?
Typical undergraduate majors include: engineering, statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics and business. Students beginning this program must have a working knowledge of undergraduate calculus, including differentiation and integration, and one semester of undergraduate linear algebra. Work experience is beneficial but not required for admission; many students pursue the MSM-OR/SC immediately following the completion of their undergraduate degree.
Upon completion of the MSM-OR/SC program, students will:
- Become equipped with analytical and supply chain skills to become an agent of positive change at their organization within the first few years of work
- Speak and understand the language of business
- Gain a working knowledge of all functional areas of an organization and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in these areas
- Acquire a network of regional, national and international business contacts
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification upon successful completion of Six Sigma and Quality Management course, taught by Assistant Professor Alireza Kabirian
STEM OPT Degree
The MSM-OR/SC program qualifies as a STEM OPT degree (science, technology, engineering or math), which allows international students in a technical field to apply for a 17-month extension to their OPT (optional practical training) period. This extension means that students could be eligible for up to two and a half years of work in the United States.